Dantewada court acquits all 13 accused in Maoist attack case
Raipur: A Dantewada district court on Tuesday acquitted all the 13 accused due to lack of evidence in a Maoist attack case in 2010 in which 33 people, including security personnel were killed when Naxals allegedly blew up a bus in Sukma district of Chhatisgarh.
"Thirteen accused in the May 17 attack in which 33 people, including police personnel, lost their lives, were acquitted by the court of Additional Sessions Judge Anita Dahariya at Dantewada," defence lawyer Bichen Pondi told PTI.
"The prosecution failed to provide substantial evidence that could have led to their conviction," he said.
On May 17, 2010, Maoists allegedly blew up a bus heading towards Sukma from Dantewada near Chingawaram rivulet, triggering a landmine blast, in which 33 people, including police personnel were killed, while 20 others were injured.
"Fifteen suspects were arrested after the incident, out of which two died during the course of hearings," he said.
Three months ago, the Dantewada district court had acquitted all ten arrested, due to lack of evidence, in connection with the 2010 Tadmetla attack case, in which 76 security personnel were killed in Dantewada district.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Heart-wrenching reality of Kashmiri pandits
- DNA: Bengaluru's Mount Carmel college students show country's ideology to Rahul Gandhi
- Proud to be an Indian, no plans to leave the country, says Aamir Khan
- Rahul Gandhi's embarrassment in front of Bengaluru college students
- DNA: Aamir Khan clarifies his love towards nation but sticks to previous statement
- Eat smart to slow down ageing and increase longevity!
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Intolerance issue: Those attacking me are only proving my point, says Aamir Khan – Read full statement
- Delhi gang-rape: Show juvenile rapist's face to the world, demand Nirbhaya's parents
- Setback to Kejriwal-led AAP as MLA Akhilesh Tripathi arrested in riot case