Raman’s new mantra: ‘Punish father for his son’s crime`
Raipur: Chhattisgarh Chief Minister Raman Singh, who is known for making politically correct statements, has recently made a controversial suggestion, saying a father should be punished for his kid’s crime.
According to reports, the Chhattisgarh Chief Minister is of view that a father should be blamed if his child treads a wrong path in his life. Singh claims that the blame for a child’s crime lies more on his father since he inherits those bad qualities and personality traits from him.
So if someone is a rapist or he is committing a robbery or theft, Raman Singh sees no fault of the person and instead believes the accused person’s father should be beaten for not guiding and educating his son to lead a dignified life.
Interestingly, the Chief Minister of this BJP-ruled state has his own reasoning for believing so.
He claims that a child’s mental makeup and personality is entirely dependent on his father’s blood and DNA. To drive his point home, Singh claims that in future we will be able to produce children with specific set of qualities, thanks to our advancement in gene mutation and stem cell technique.
For the BJP leader, producing thousands of children having personalities akin to actress Aishwarya Rai or actor Abhishek Bachchan will not be a big deal in the days to come.
Singh made these interesting remarks, while inaugurating a Science Centre in the state’s capital last week. Several noted academicians, scientists and students, who were present during the Science centre’s inauguration burst into a peel of laughter after hearing Singh’s remarks.
However, the chief minister was quick to warn them that his statement should not be ignored or taken in a lighter vein.
The state unit chief of Congress, Nand Kumar Patel, had reacted angrily to Raman Singh’s bizarre remarks. Patel slammed Singh for issuing such statements, saying he had lost his mental balance. The Congress leader quizzed how is Raman Singh going to improve the law and order situation by making such remarks.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Discussion over BJP's enormous victory in Maharashtra civic polls
- UP polls: Top 5 highlights of PM Modi's speech in Bahraich
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- NASA discovers seven Earth-like planets orbiting a single star
- BMC elections 2017: Who will be the Mayor of Mumbai?
- Reliance Jio Vs Airtel free data plan: A comparison
- BMC election 2017 results: As it happened
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017: As it happened on Thursday
- WATCH: When Matthew Renshaw left everybody surprised by 'retiring ill' on Day 1 of India-England Test
- World's heaviest woman loses 50 kilos in just 12 days