Raman’s new mantra: ‘Punish father for his son’s crime`
Raipur: Chhattisgarh Chief Minister Raman Singh, who is known for making politically correct statements, has recently made a controversial suggestion, saying a father should be punished for his kid’s crime.
According to reports, the Chhattisgarh Chief Minister is of view that a father should be blamed if his child treads a wrong path in his life. Singh claims that the blame for a child’s crime lies more on his father since he inherits those bad qualities and personality traits from him.
So if someone is a rapist or he is committing a robbery or theft, Raman Singh sees no fault of the person and instead believes the accused person’s father should be beaten for not guiding and educating his son to lead a dignified life.
Interestingly, the Chief Minister of this BJP-ruled state has his own reasoning for believing so.
He claims that a child’s mental makeup and personality is entirely dependent on his father’s blood and DNA. To drive his point home, Singh claims that in future we will be able to produce children with specific set of qualities, thanks to our advancement in gene mutation and stem cell technique.
For the BJP leader, producing thousands of children having personalities akin to actress Aishwarya Rai or actor Abhishek Bachchan will not be a big deal in the days to come.
Singh made these interesting remarks, while inaugurating a Science Centre in the state’s capital last week. Several noted academicians, scientists and students, who were present during the Science centre’s inauguration burst into a peel of laughter after hearing Singh’s remarks.
However, the chief minister was quick to warn them that his statement should not be ignored or taken in a lighter vein.
The state unit chief of Congress, Nand Kumar Patel, had reacted angrily to Raman Singh’s bizarre remarks. Patel slammed Singh for issuing such statements, saying he had lost his mental balance. The Congress leader quizzed how is Raman Singh going to improve the law and order situation by making such remarks.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will implement 'One Rank, One Pension' without fail: PM Modi
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar stands in a queue at Pune wedding!
- Delhi: Shakuntala Gamlin writes to LG against AAP minister
- Jharkhand's Health Minister slaps political rival in public
- One Rank, One Pension: What is complicating its implementation? Part-2
- Check CHSE orrisharesults.nic.in, chseodisha.nic.in for Class 12 (Plus Two) Result 2015
- Will ask SC if India can pursue Captain Saurabh Kalia case against Pakistan in ICJ: Sushma Swaraj
- IMD predicts thundershowers in Delhi, Punjab and UP between June 1-3
- Salman, Aamir, Shah Rukh in a film together?
- Even 100 Rahul Gandhis cannot match PM Narendra Modi's mega wave: Shiv Sena