Two minor girls raped by Naxals rescued from Chhattisgarh jungles
Raipur: Two minor girls, allegedly raped by suspected Naxals, were rescued by security forces from the jungles of Bijapur district on Sunday.
The girls aged around 11-12 years were found by a joint squad of CRPF and state police from the Madded area of the district when they were out on patrol.
"The girls revealed that Naxals Kudiam Gujja and his accomplices forcibly brought them here and subsequently they were raped by Maoists identified as Kudiam Gujja, Nagesh and Shivajee. The girls said they were 11-12 years old. In order to confirm their age, an ossification test is being done," the CRPF said.
The medical examination of the two girls had confirmed sexual abuse, the CRPF said.
Kudiam Gujja, according to CRPF and police officials, is Naxal commander of a range committee while Nagesh is secretary of Madded area committee and Shivajee is in charge of intelligence of west Bastar divisional committee of the Maoist groups operating in the area.
The girls are currently being questioned by police officials. They have disclosed that many other girls are being exploited by Maoists in Chhattisgarh and other areas.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA : When will Indian govt take strong actions against terrorism?
- Drunk girl assaults Mumbai police in Worli
- Arun Jaitley upset with Subramaniam Swami's Twitter attack
- Bombay HC to pronounce verdict on entry of woman to Haji Ali Dargah today
- DNA: When will Indian govt take strong actions against terrorism? - Part II
- Egypt deports popular Lebanese political talk show host
- EgyptAir black box flight recorder has been repaired: Commission
- Osborne rules himself out of race to succeed PM Cameron: Report
- 'Subramanian Swamy will dent Modi's image, spook foreign investors'
- Hafiz Saeed's son-in-law masterminded terror attack on CRPF convoy in Pampore: Report