Two minor girls raped by Naxals rescued from Chhattisgarh jungles
Raipur: Two minor girls, allegedly raped by suspected Naxals, were rescued by security forces from the jungles of Bijapur district on Sunday.
The girls aged around 11-12 years were found by a joint squad of CRPF and state police from the Madded area of the district when they were out on patrol.
"The girls revealed that Naxals Kudiam Gujja and his accomplices forcibly brought them here and subsequently they were raped by Maoists identified as Kudiam Gujja, Nagesh and Shivajee. The girls said they were 11-12 years old. In order to confirm their age, an ossification test is being done," the CRPF said.
The medical examination of the two girls had confirmed sexual abuse, the CRPF said.
Kudiam Gujja, according to CRPF and police officials, is Naxal commander of a range committee while Nagesh is secretary of Madded area committee and Shivajee is in charge of intelligence of west Bastar divisional committee of the Maoist groups operating in the area.
The girls are currently being questioned by police officials. They have disclosed that many other girls are being exploited by Maoists in Chhattisgarh and other areas.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Historic solar flight marks first round-the-world journey
- Akshay Kumar’s avatar in John Abraham, Varun Dhawan starrer ‘Dishoom’ will surprise you– See pic
- Bangladesh police storm militant hideout, kill 9 Islamist extremists in Dhaka
- Anita Hassanandani, Rohit Reddy’s Maldives trip will give you vacation goals- See Pics
- India will never forget sacrifices of soldiers: PM Narendra Modi on Kargil Vijay Diwas