Two minor girls raped by Naxals rescued from Chhattisgarh jungles
Raipur: Two minor girls, allegedly raped by suspected Naxals, were rescued by security forces from the jungles of Bijapur district on Sunday.
The girls aged around 11-12 years were found by a joint squad of CRPF and state police from the Madded area of the district when they were out on patrol.
"The girls revealed that Naxals Kudiam Gujja and his accomplices forcibly brought them here and subsequently they were raped by Maoists identified as Kudiam Gujja, Nagesh and Shivajee. The girls said they were 11-12 years old. In order to confirm their age, an ossification test is being done," the CRPF said.
The medical examination of the two girls had confirmed sexual abuse, the CRPF said.
Kudiam Gujja, according to CRPF and police officials, is Naxal commander of a range committee while Nagesh is secretary of Madded area committee and Shivajee is in charge of intelligence of west Bastar divisional committee of the Maoist groups operating in the area.
The girls are currently being questioned by police officials. They have disclosed that many other girls are being exploited by Maoists in Chhattisgarh and other areas.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 11-year old Odisha boy to get football training at Bayern Munich in Germany
- China warns India against deploying BrahMos cruise missile in Arunachal Pradesh
- One killed in TV channel office attack in Karachi
- Gujarat: Journalist working for local daily found dead in his Junagadh office
- Watch: How floods throw normal life out of gear across country
- Sushant Singh Rajput shares third poster of ‘M.S.Dhoni- The Untold Story’
- Triple treat for Shah Rukh Khan fans in 2017 – Details inside
- Know what Ranveer Singh has to say about Akshay Kumar
- A love story for Akshay Kumar in toilet? Details inside
- Wondering if Ranveer Singh is on board Deepika Padukone’s ‘Padmavati’? Details inside