34 more test positive for dengue in Delhi
New Delhi: Thirty-four more people have tested positive for dengue in the capital on Wednesday, taking the total number of people detected with the mosquito-borne disease this season to 1,546.
All the 34 cases were reported from areas falling under the three municipal corporations in the national capital, where four people have died due to dengue this season.
Of the 1,546 cases, 11 cases originated from outside the city.
South Delhi Municipal Corporation reported the maximum of 580 cases, while 519 cases were detected from North Delhi Municipal Corporation area and 380 from East Delhi Municipal Corporation. Other cases were reported from NDMC and Delhi cantonment areas.
Last year, a total of 857 cases were reported and five deaths took place while in 2010, a total of 5,682 dengue cases and eight deaths were recorded in the capital.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Furkan, not Tiger Memon, arrested in Pakistan
- Sonakshi Sinha silences Twitter troll for calling her ugly and it's epic!
- Sheena Bora murder case: Peter Mukerjea's statement recorded, police search his Worli residence
- Modi effect! Pakistan-occupied Kashmir wants to be part of India
- Rafiabad encounter ends with one terrorist dead; an Army jawan also martyred