Airport Metro to begin international check-in
New Delhi: International fliers can now
board Delhi`s showcase Airport Metro Express `baggage-less`
from Thursday when the much talked about check-in facility for
flights abroad at its stations will kick off.
Coinciding with the first anniversary of its operation,
the Reliance Infrastructure-led consortium will make this
facility available at its New Delhi and Shivaji stadium
stations from February 23.
While national carrier Air India will begin check-in of
passengers` baggage from Thursday, private carriers Jet and
Kingfisher will follow suit.
The facility will allow fliers to check-in their baggage
before boarding the Airport Metro Express to reach the new
swanky Terminal-3 of the Indira Gandhi International Airport.
They will be given the boarding pass at the station itself.
The luggage will then be transferred to the train, which
has a dedicated space, and directly boarded to the respective
aircraft through a conveyor.
"Passengers have to check-in minimum two and half hours
prior to their flight time. Fliers can check-in and collect
their boarding passes maximum eight hours prior to their
flight time," a Reliance Infra spokesman said.
Check-in facility for domestic fliers has been in
operation for the past few months on the Airport Metro and the
launching of check-in for international fliers has been long
The 23-km high-speed corridor that allows passengers to
reach Airport from Connaught Place in flat 18 minutes
currently has a ridership of 20,000 commuters.
The 6 hours early check-in facility will give commuters
enough time to explore the retail outlets that Reliance Metro
is coming up with, the spokesperson said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Over 60 cadets killed in Pakistan police academy attack
- DNA: Exclusive report on the extreme sacrifices made by ITBP soldiers
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's ''progressive'' remark on triple talaq
- I pay my tribute to martyr Naresh Pal: PM Narendra Modi
- Some people are creating confusion between me and my father: Akhilesh Yadav
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- This is why Cyrus Mistry was removed as Chairman of Tata Sons!
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- Prompt action on border pushes Pak to offer olive branch, says both sides need to 'formalise' 2003 ceasefire
- 7th Pay Commission: Committee on Allowances proposes hike in HRA for central govt employees