Azad to chair health meet in Beijing
New Delhi: Union Health Minister Ghulam Nabi Azad will chair the annual board meeting of the Partners in Population and Development, an organisation of 10 developing countries from Asia, Africa and Latin America.
The meeting would be held in Beijing Oct 23, an official release said Monday.
Partners in Population and Development (PPD) is an intergovernmental initiative created specifically for the purpose of expanding and improving collaboration in the fields of reproductive health, population and development among countries.
The PPD secretariat is located in Dhaka, Bangladesh. While there were only 10 developing countries at the time of formation of the organisation in 1994, PPD`s current membership stands at 25.
Bangladesh, China, India, Indonesia, Pakistan, Thailand, Vietnam, Colombia and Mexico are among the member countries.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- Barack Obama thanks Americans for making him a 'better man'
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling