Azad to chair health meet in Beijing
New Delhi: Union Health Minister Ghulam Nabi Azad will chair the annual board meeting of the Partners in Population and Development, an organisation of 10 developing countries from Asia, Africa and Latin America.
The meeting would be held in Beijing Oct 23, an official release said Monday.
Partners in Population and Development (PPD) is an intergovernmental initiative created specifically for the purpose of expanding and improving collaboration in the fields of reproductive health, population and development among countries.
The PPD secretariat is located in Dhaka, Bangladesh. While there were only 10 developing countries at the time of formation of the organisation in 1994, PPD`s current membership stands at 25.
Bangladesh, China, India, Indonesia, Pakistan, Thailand, Vietnam, Colombia and Mexico are among the member countries.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is this for real: Ajinkya Rahane bizarre shot went for six, concerned Virat Kohli settles with smile — WATCH
- WATCH: Tom Latham takes IMPOSSIBLE catch to dismiss Faf du Plessis
- Azam Khan demands ban on cow slaughter across India, says Muslims should stop eating beef
- Asaduddin Owaisi asks Centre to clarify policy on buffalo meat export, Nirmala Sitharaman gives apt reply
- Sunil Grover to return as Dr Mashoor Gulati!