Azad to chair health meet in Beijing
New Delhi: Union Health Minister Ghulam Nabi Azad will chair the annual board meeting of the Partners in Population and Development, an organisation of 10 developing countries from Asia, Africa and Latin America.
The meeting would be held in Beijing Oct 23, an official release said Monday.
Partners in Population and Development (PPD) is an intergovernmental initiative created specifically for the purpose of expanding and improving collaboration in the fields of reproductive health, population and development among countries.
The PPD secretariat is located in Dhaka, Bangladesh. While there were only 10 developing countries at the time of formation of the organisation in 1994, PPD`s current membership stands at 25.
Bangladesh, China, India, Indonesia, Pakistan, Thailand, Vietnam, Colombia and Mexico are among the member countries.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Admissions 2015: Know India's best ranking Universities
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with UPSC topper Ira Singhal's family
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results
- Watch: Top 25 Headlines @ 12 pm
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Is Corporate Social Responsibility nothing but a marketing gimmick?
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results; women bag top four positions
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Dawood Ibrahim's surrender offer rejected due to a 'condition', clarifies Sharad Pawar
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon