Azad to chair health meet in Beijing
New Delhi: Union Health Minister Ghulam Nabi Azad will chair the annual board meeting of the Partners in Population and Development, an organisation of 10 developing countries from Asia, Africa and Latin America.
The meeting would be held in Beijing Oct 23, an official release said Monday.
Partners in Population and Development (PPD) is an intergovernmental initiative created specifically for the purpose of expanding and improving collaboration in the fields of reproductive health, population and development among countries.
The PPD secretariat is located in Dhaka, Bangladesh. While there were only 10 developing countries at the time of formation of the organisation in 1994, PPD`s current membership stands at 25.
Bangladesh, China, India, Indonesia, Pakistan, Thailand, Vietnam, Colombia and Mexico are among the member countries.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Olympic bronze medallist Sakshi Malik returns home from Rio to grand welcome!
- Rahul Gandhi takes U-turn, says never blamed RSS for Gandhi's assassination
- Secret documents on Indian Navy's Scorpene-class submarine leaked
- PM Modi's photos, Indian flags raised during massive protests in Balochistan
- Did India become victim of Scorpene submarine conspiracy?
- One killed, 30 wounded by explosions in southern Thailand – police
- Iraq summons its envoy to Portugal over teenager assault
- Cara Delevingne, Amber Heard turned away from strip club
- Obama promises aid to help Louisiana fully recover from flooding
- US investigating non-travel Zika case in new area in Florida