BJP for non-political entities in Wakf Boards
New Delhi: In an effort to woo minority Muslim voters in the upcoming Delhi Assembly polls, the BJP on Sunday focused its campaign on development of madrasas and appointment of non-political entities in Wakf Boards.
"BJP will ensure introduction of Urdu as an optional subject in schools run by the Delhi government and make sure that madrasas and Wakf boards are run by non-political entities, which the present government has ignored," Delhi BJP chief Vijay Goel said while addressing a convention on `Muslim for Development`, organised by Delhi BJP`s Minority Morcha.
"Congress has created a sense of false insecurity among minority voters by saying that if Muslims did not support a `secular` party like it then there would be no one to protect their interest," he said.
"We believe in development of all Muslims and Hindus for the country`s betterment and do not play secular cards for votes," Goel said.
Speaking at the convention, senior BJP leader Mukhtar Abbas Naqvi said "BJP is focusing on real issues faced by the Muslims including that of subsidies being provided to Haj pilgrims, which was used by the Congress to play vote bank politics".
Slamming the Congress for its role in failing to provide justice to victims of various communal riots that happened since Independence, BJP Minority Morcha president Abdul Rasheed Ansari said "Maximum number of communal riots took place during Congress rule and none of the people responsible were brought to justice, while in case of Gujarat riots at least justice has been done."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan