BJP for non-political entities in Wakf Boards
New Delhi: In an effort to woo minority Muslim voters in the upcoming Delhi Assembly polls, the BJP on Sunday focused its campaign on development of madrasas and appointment of non-political entities in Wakf Boards.
"BJP will ensure introduction of Urdu as an optional subject in schools run by the Delhi government and make sure that madrasas and Wakf boards are run by non-political entities, which the present government has ignored," Delhi BJP chief Vijay Goel said while addressing a convention on `Muslim for Development`, organised by Delhi BJP`s Minority Morcha.
"Congress has created a sense of false insecurity among minority voters by saying that if Muslims did not support a `secular` party like it then there would be no one to protect their interest," he said.
"We believe in development of all Muslims and Hindus for the country`s betterment and do not play secular cards for votes," Goel said.
Speaking at the convention, senior BJP leader Mukhtar Abbas Naqvi said "BJP is focusing on real issues faced by the Muslims including that of subsidies being provided to Haj pilgrims, which was used by the Congress to play vote bank politics".
Slamming the Congress for its role in failing to provide justice to victims of various communal riots that happened since Independence, BJP Minority Morcha president Abdul Rasheed Ansari said "Maximum number of communal riots took place during Congress rule and none of the people responsible were brought to justice, while in case of Gujarat riots at least justice has been done."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of problems of unemployement in India
- DNA: Analysis of how car makers are playing with people's life
- DNA: Analysis of increasing trade of terror, laudanum and fake currency in Malda
- DNA: Analysis of increasing trade of terror, laudanum and fake currency in Malda- Part II
- DNA: A plane landed at -100 degree celsius to rescue a worker
- 'Raped woman' remark: Finally, Salman Khan speaks to media - Here's what he said
- 'Unguided missile Subramanian Swamy has backfired at BJP'
- Applications of Pak, India for NSG membership cannot be considered in isolation: Pakistan Ministry of Foreign Affairs
- US election is about more than beating Donald Trump: Senator Bernie Sanders
- Sterling, stocks skid as Brexit result agonisingly close