Delhi: New rules to seize property of corrupt babus
New Delhi: Corrupt public officials beware!
The Centre has issued new guidelines to seize properties
or money of government officials involved in corrupt practices
even after their retirement.
According to new norms made in consultation with the
Ministry of Law and Justice, a competent authority in
concerned department can give authorisation to the Centre to
attach properties or wealth of the accused employee acquired
through corrupt practises after his retirement.
The guidelines assume significance as most of the
departments and investigating agencies like CBI have expressed
difficulty in acting against corrupt public servants who
have retired pending chargesheet or charges under the
Prevention of Corruption Act.
"Departments have written to us seeking clarification
while attaching properties of corrupt officials. More
difficulties were being faced in case of retired government
officials. Hence, we decided to get the issue resolved," a
senior official of the Department of Personnel and Training
He said a set of guidelines have been issued to all the
departments under the Government, including the CBI.
The Section 3 of the Criminal Law (Amendment) Ordinance,
1944, authorizes the Government to attach properties of a
person said to have procured through corrupt means.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysing the importance of Hindi language in our society
- DNA: Analysis of the letter written by defence minister to Kolkata CM?
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- IT raids Delhi's Axis bank branch, finds Rs 100 cr deposited in 44 fake accounts
- Demonetisation: Majority of ATMs still out of cash
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- Kapil Sharma is sweating it out! See pics
- This happens only in Pakistan? You won't believe what this boy did in front of his lady teacher - WATCH
- Virat Kohli makes fun of Alastair Cook after England exhaust both DRS wrongly, watch video
- Unseen Video: On Yuvraj Singh, Hazel Keech's wedding reception, MS Dhoni greets couple with a hug