Delhi: New rules to seize property of corrupt babus
New Delhi: Corrupt public officials beware!
The Centre has issued new guidelines to seize properties
or money of government officials involved in corrupt practices
even after their retirement.
According to new norms made in consultation with the
Ministry of Law and Justice, a competent authority in
concerned department can give authorisation to the Centre to
attach properties or wealth of the accused employee acquired
through corrupt practises after his retirement.
The guidelines assume significance as most of the
departments and investigating agencies like CBI have expressed
difficulty in acting against corrupt public servants who
have retired pending chargesheet or charges under the
Prevention of Corruption Act.
"Departments have written to us seeking clarification
while attaching properties of corrupt officials. More
difficulties were being faced in case of retired government
officials. Hence, we decided to get the issue resolved," a
senior official of the Department of Personnel and Training
He said a set of guidelines have been issued to all the
departments under the Government, including the CBI.
The Section 3 of the Criminal Law (Amendment) Ordinance,
1944, authorizes the Government to attach properties of a
person said to have procured through corrupt means.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- Triple talaq, polygamy integral part of Islam: AIMPLB tells SC
- Etawah: UP cops caught drunk while on duty
- Triple Talaq: Why AIMPLB are opposing the petitions filed in Supreme Court?
- DNA: Should strict action be taken against stone pelters of J&K?
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Chinese national insults Indian flag, throws it in dustbin outside Noida Oppo office; massive protest takes place
- Left to die on road, pregnant Lucknow woman writes to PM Narendra Modi to end 'triple talaq', says 'I voted for BJP'
- Gautam Gambhir gives Aussies perfect send-off, says true champions let their game do all the talking!
- Reliance Jio closes in on 50 million paid users