Engineering student found dead in west Delhi
New Delhi: A 24-year-old engineering student hailing from Rajasthan was found murdered in a west Delhi locality, with police investigating whether he met the tragic end due to a love affair.
Dharmender, who studied in a Jamshedpur college, was found lying dead in a pool of blood in Punjabi Bagh area last evening, a senior police official said.
He was injured on his chin and hands.
Police ruled out robbery as the motive behind the murder since his mobile phone, purse and money were not missing.
"Dharmender, who hailed from Sikhar in Rajasthan, was stabbed several times. We have registered a case of murder. We are awaiting postmortem report," a police official said.
The official said they were probing to ascertain whether the student`s murder has any link to his relationship with a girl in Delhi.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- Shahid Kapoor marriage: 500 guests have been invited for the wedding, says card designer
- Mass failure in DU exam: HRD Minister Smriti Irani asks officials to enquire
- Vyapam scam: Congress accuses MP CM of 'misleading' people, demands his resignation
- Vyapam scam: After over 45 deaths, can Shivraj Singh Chouhan resist CBI probe?