Hike penalty by 2500% for offences in Metro: CISF
New Delhi: The CISF has favoured a 2500 per cent hike in penalites related to offences against women and other criminal activities on the Delhi Metro network.
The present penalities for such offences are as low as Rs 150-200 and the CISF wants this to be revised to Rs 5,000.
The force has written to the Union Home Ministry in this regard suggesting a mammoth increase in a number of penalities for offences that are identified under the Delhi Metro Railway (Operations and Maintenance) Act, 2002.
"We have written to the Union Home Ministry in this regard as it is our controlling authority," CISF chief Rajiv said.
The central police force has stepped up its vigil on the Delhi Metro, especially against those men who travel in coaches reserved for women, in the wake of the gangrape of a young girl last month in the national capital.
The CISF Director General (DG) said the current penalities for offences like men entering in women coaches and other illegal entries were "very less" and that they should be revised.
At present, the fine/penalty for creating nuisance or unlawful entry under Delhi Metro rules ranges from Rs 150-200.
Senior officials working in Delhi Metro said the Home Ministry may communicate this demand of the central police force to the Urban Development Ministry which is the nodal authority for the operations and administration of the Delhi Metro Rail Corporation (DMRC).
The CISF has also asked for a revision on atleast four-five other offences which it is mandated to deal with directly in Delhi Metro.
These offences include taking offensive material like weapons and explosives in the Metro rail network and premises and obstructing officials on duty, among others.
The Central Industrial Security Force (CISF) has pressed in more plainclothes and uniformed security personnel to patrol the trains and platforms recently.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP: Jammu-bound Muri Express derails in Kaushambi
- Five unmanned parachute-like objects spotted over Mumbai airport
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 24, 2015
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- CBSE Board Class 12th Exam Results 2015 declared
- Jaipur girl Mini Rajpal wins Miss India Deaf 2015!
- Dawood's intercepted phone calls prove yet again he is in Pakistan
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man?
- Delhi's 2015 CBSE Class 12 topper M Gayatri talks to Zee Media
- Mumbai architecture creates double decker bus from scrap!
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man? Part-2
- One year of Modi govt: PM addresses mega rally in Mathura
- No respite from heat for next three days: IMD
- Growing medical negligence in Delhi's AIIMS
- Police registers case after parachute-like objects were spotted over Mumbai airport
- IPL 2015 Final: MI vs CSK - As it happened...
- CBSE.nic.in 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board (cbseresults.nic.in) Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced on May 25
- Heatwave claims over 550 lives so far, Delhi saw hottest day
- LIVE - Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced shortly
- IPL 2015 final: Mumbai Indians thrash Chennai Super Kings by 41 runs to lift second title
- Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 declared
- Check cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 12 result 2015
- Two dead, over 100 injured as Muri Express derails in UP; Prabhu announces Rs 2 lakhs ex-gratia for kin of dead
- Mathura rally: PM Modi slams 'corrupt' UPA regime, lauds NDA govt's efforts in past one year
- Check WBBSE (wbresults.nic.in) Class 12th Results: West Bengal Board (wbscvet.org) Higher Secondary Class XII Vocational Results to be declared today at 4 PM
- PM Narendra Modi's Mathura rally: As it happened
- CBSE Class 12 results out: Here's how you can check
- Public rally on 100 days of AAP govt: As it happened
- CBSE Board 12th XII Results 2015: Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced today at 12 Noon
- Kejriwal lists AAP govt's achievements of 100 days, slams Centre's 'dictatorial attitude'