HIV +ve, `rapist` man faces trial for attempt to kill daughter
New Delhi: An HIV positive man, who allegedly raped her minor step daughter infecting her with the life threatening disease, has been put on trial by a Delhi court on attempt to murder charges, besides that of raping her.
Additional Sessions Judge (ASJ) Kamini Lau framed charges of rape and attempt to murder against the accused step father saying he had "intentionally" transmitted the deadly disease knowing fully well that it is likely to cause death of his 15-year-old daughter.
Lamenting the lack of a special legislation to deal with such situations, the court said such accused are liable to be prosecuted for the offence of attempt to murder and also charged him with causing miscarriage of his step daughter by giving her medicines.
"Unfortunately, there being no special legislation to deal with such situation of accused transmitting life threatening decease to another person intentionally with knowledge that the same is likely to cause death of that other person, this court is of the opinion that under the given circumstances, such person is also liable to be charged for the offence under section 307 (attempt to murder) of the IPC," it said.
The accused has been charged under sections 376 (rape), 307 (attempt to murder) and 313 (causing miscarriage without woman`s consent) of the IPC.
While framing the charges, the court also referred to the medical report of the accused which said he is a known HIV +ve case and at present his condition is satisfactory and stable.
Besides the step-father, the court also framed charges of rape against co-accused and victim`s boyfriend Ashutosh Maurya saying he too raped the girl at her house in Shalimar Bagh village here between April 2011 to August 2011.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 4.7 crore cash in Rs 2000 notes! Biggest seizure in new currency post demonetisation - What I-T recovered from Bengaluru, Chennai and Erode
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Scam? 'Aam Aadmi Party using Delhi Transport Corporation to exchange Rs 500, Rs 1,000 notes'