LeT connection: Geelani may be questioned
New Delhi: Hardline Hurriyat leader Syed Ali Shah Geelani may be questioned by the Delhi Police in connection with the visa recommendation given to an alleged
Lashkar-e-Taiba militant who was was planning to bomb Delhi, Home Secretary R K Singh said on friday.
When asked by reporters whether Geelani would be questioned in connection with the case, Singh said he would be questioned, if the probe requires.
Official sources said a copy of the recommendation letter given by Geelani for getting a Pakistan visa was found in the papers seized from 24-year old Athesham Malik, arrested by the Delhi Police.
The sources said recoveries made from Athesham, who had undergone a training in Pakistan in December, 2011, were materials for fabrication of IED, including wires, flash powder used in crackers and sulphuric acid.
A laboratory technician, Malik was earlier associated with Lashker in Sopore in Jammu and Kashmir and was arrested in 2007 along with two others, they said.
A spokesperson for Geelani, Ayaz Akbar, said, "We don`t know about this case. But generally, if any Kashmiri comes to Geelani sahab for recommendation, he gives his recommendation only because they being Kashmiri. But then how can he know why
he wants to go there and what his motive is"?
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Curfew lifted from 4 districts of Kashmir valley
- Recently launched Pokemon Go gaining extreme popularity among users
- Rajnath Singh meets J&K CM Mehbooba Mufti to discuss current situation in valley
- AAP MLA Amantulla Khan arrested for misbehaving with a woman
- Fight for respect towards Dalits in UP merely a vote-garnering strategy?
- Black with a hint of gold, Sonam Kapoor's debonair suit will win your heart!
- Are you daring enough to visit THIS spooky 'Island of the Dolls'?
- Elvis Presley and Michael Jackson became more popular after death: Amitabh Bachchan
- England vs Pakistan, 2nd Test, Day 3 — As it happened...
- Two dead, 10 injured as under-construction building collapses in Hyderabad