Non-veg pizza delivered in box for veg, Dominos to pay Rs 7K
New Delhi: Dominos Pizza has been directed by a consumer forum here to pay Rs 7,000 as compensation to a customer for delivering her a non-vegetarian pizza in a box meant for vegetarian food.
The South West District Consumer Disputes Redressal Forum held the pizza chain guilty of negligence and deficiency in service for delivering the non-vegetarian item in a box having the green sticker which symbolises vegetarian food.
"On the basis of facts and circumstances of the case, we find that opposite party (Dominos) has committed negligence and deficiency in service due to which the complainant has suffered. As such, we find that the complainant is entitled to be reasonably compensated.
"Therefore, we direct opposite party to pay Rs 5,000 as compensation to the complainant along with Rs 2,000 as cost of litigation," the bench presided by Narendra Kumar said.
The order came on the plea of Delhi resident Poonam Chaudhary who complained that she had ordered a non-vegetarian and a vegetarian pizza over phone and these were delivered in two boxes.
She alleged that she had served her guests with pizza from the box with green sticker symbolising vegetarian, but the pizza turned out to be a non-vegetarian one causing vomiting, dizziness and nausea to her vegetarian guests.
Dominos in its defence denied any negligence on its part saying it strictly follows the prescribed norms and contended that the complaint was false.
It had alleged that Chaudhary had not paid for the food items she had purchased several times in the past and that is why she made the false story in the instant case.
The forum, however, rejected the contentions saying, "We do not think that an educated lady and person of status will fabricate such false story. She is not supposed to spend time, energy and money by filing and following up a false complaint.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- BSF cancels beating the retreat ceremony at Wagah post surgical strikes
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says