Pavitra Bharadwaj death case: Delhi college principal booked
Zee Media Bureau
New Delhi: Days after former employee of Delhi University, Pavitra Bharadwaj, committed suicide alleging sexual harassment, police on Thursday registered a case against the institute`s principal.
Police have registered the case of abetment of suicide against GK Arora, who was accused by Pavitra of molesting her.
"We have added Section 306 of the IPC - abetment of suicide in this case and further investigations are on," said Deputy Commissioner of Police (Central) Alok Kumar.
The college Principal was suspended on October 11 by the Delhi University administration till the completion of a judicial probe in the case.
Bhardwaj, 40, was a former Ambedkar College lab attendant. On September 30, she set herself ablaze outside the Delhi Chief Minister`s office and died of her injuries later.
She had alleged sexual harassment by GK Arora, who has dismissed the charges.
In her plea, the woman had said the college principal was sexually harassing her for four years and had even threatened to kill her son.
In her testimony before the sub-divisional magistrate, she alleged that the principal was asking for sexual favours and after she filed a complaint, she was fired for misconduct.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Bird flu grips nation, Delhi worst affected
- I pay my tribute to martyr Naresh Pal: PM Narendra Modi
- Some people are creating confusion between me and my father: Akhilesh Yadav
- Ramgopal Yadav writes to SP workers after Akhilesh Yadav suspends Shivpal Yadav
- How will the rift in Samajwadi Party affect UP politics?
- India vs New Zealand, 3rd ODI: As it happened...
- This is why Cyrus Mistry was removed as Chairman of Tata Sons!
- Prompt action on border pushes Pak to offer olive branch, says both sides need to 'formalise' 2003 ceasefire
- Read letters by Ratan Tata to PM Narendra Modi and Group employees after Cyrus Mistry's ouster
- 7th Pay Commission: Committee on Allowances proposes hike in HRA for central govt employees