Pavitra Bharadwaj death case: Delhi college principal booked
Zee Media Bureau
New Delhi: Days after former employee of Delhi University, Pavitra Bharadwaj, committed suicide alleging sexual harassment, police on Thursday registered a case against the institute`s principal.
Police have registered the case of abetment of suicide against GK Arora, who was accused by Pavitra of molesting her.
"We have added Section 306 of the IPC - abetment of suicide in this case and further investigations are on," said Deputy Commissioner of Police (Central) Alok Kumar.
The college Principal was suspended on October 11 by the Delhi University administration till the completion of a judicial probe in the case.
Bhardwaj, 40, was a former Ambedkar College lab attendant. On September 30, she set herself ablaze outside the Delhi Chief Minister`s office and died of her injuries later.
She had alleged sexual harassment by GK Arora, who has dismissed the charges.
In her plea, the woman had said the college principal was sexually harassing her for four years and had even threatened to kill her son.
In her testimony before the sub-divisional magistrate, she alleged that the principal was asking for sexual favours and after she filed a complaint, she was fired for misconduct.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Intolerance issue: Proud to be Indian, won't leave country, says Aamir Khan
- Watch: Chicago cop shoots a 17-year-old black man 16 times
- Army camp attacked in J&K's Kupwara; three JeM terrorists, one civilian killed
- Aamir Khan's remarks on intolerance stir controversy; BJP slams, film fraternity split
- WATCH: Rahul Gandhi asks 'Is Swachh Bharat working', Mount Carmel girls yell 'Yessss'