Probe ordered into misbehaviour charge against Addl DCP
New Delhi: Delhi Police on Wednesday asked its Joint
Commissioner (Crime) Sandeep Goel to conduct an inquiry into
allegations that an IPS officer punished a constable by making
him crawl for not saluting him at Patiala House district
courts complex here.
The Joint Commissioner has been asked to conduct the
inquiry as per the directions of the court, Delhi Police
spokesperson Rajan Bhagat Singh.
Seju P Kuruvila, Additional Deputy Commissioner of
Police (New Delhi), had hit the headlines for wrong reasons
after he allegedly compelled a constable to crawl and roll as
punishment for talking on mobile while on duty.
A senior police official said Goel will inquire into the
incident and if needed will take statements of the constable
Meanwhile, the Delhi High Court also sought responses
from Police Commissioner B K Gupta and Kuruvila.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- More than 9 lakh people participated in the oath-taking ceremony of Donald Trump
- DNA: Analyzing the harmful effects of selfies
- Train accident in Andhra Pradesh leaves many people dead
- 7th Pay Commission: Central govt employees expect Committee on Allowances report in February
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- Yuvraj Singh's wife Hazel Keech suggests new middle name for hubby Yuvi following Cuttack heroics
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- Bigots at it again! Mohammed Shami called un-Islamic for posting picture with dog