Probe ordered into misbehaviour charge against Addl DCP
New Delhi: Delhi Police on Wednesday asked its Joint
Commissioner (Crime) Sandeep Goel to conduct an inquiry into
allegations that an IPS officer punished a constable by making
him crawl for not saluting him at Patiala House district
courts complex here.
The Joint Commissioner has been asked to conduct the
inquiry as per the directions of the court, Delhi Police
spokesperson Rajan Bhagat Singh.
Seju P Kuruvila, Additional Deputy Commissioner of
Police (New Delhi), had hit the headlines for wrong reasons
after he allegedly compelled a constable to crawl and roll as
punishment for talking on mobile while on duty.
A senior police official said Goel will inquire into the
incident and if needed will take statements of the constable
Meanwhile, the Delhi High Court also sought responses
from Police Commissioner B K Gupta and Kuruvila.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Kalam's advisor recalls his last moments with the great scientist
- To Sir with Love: School kids pay tribute to Dr Kalam
- DNA: Complete analysis of APJ Abdul Kalam's life and achievements
- India mourns APJ Abdul Kalam; PM to receive body at Palam airport
- Kalam's body flown to Delhi; PM, Prez lead nation in paying homage
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- SC hearing on 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's curative plea
- India's 'original rocket man': Abdul Kalam's phenomenal contribution to Science
- Parliament pays tributes to Dr APJ Abdul Kalam, calls him 'real gem' of India
- Ready to see Shah Rukh-Salman together on-screen?