Probe ordered into misbehaviour charge against Addl DCP
New Delhi: Delhi Police on Wednesday asked its Joint
Commissioner (Crime) Sandeep Goel to conduct an inquiry into
allegations that an IPS officer punished a constable by making
him crawl for not saluting him at Patiala House district
courts complex here.
The Joint Commissioner has been asked to conduct the
inquiry as per the directions of the court, Delhi Police
spokesperson Rajan Bhagat Singh.
Seju P Kuruvila, Additional Deputy Commissioner of
Police (New Delhi), had hit the headlines for wrong reasons
after he allegedly compelled a constable to crawl and roll as
punishment for talking on mobile while on duty.
A senior police official said Goel will inquire into the
incident and if needed will take statements of the constable
Meanwhile, the Delhi High Court also sought responses
from Police Commissioner B K Gupta and Kuruvila.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- Exclusive: This is what Kashmir's stone pelters have to say!
- India to activate laser walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- Former bureaucrat BK Bansal commits suicide along with his son at Delhi residence
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says
- Rameez Raja picks all-time XI - Three Indians, but just one Pakistani make it to the list
- This Hindu-dominated village in West Bengal is not allowed to organise Durga Puja as Muslims don't want it
- As Pakistan gloats over hosting 70 Russians, 250 Indian Army soldiers renew bonds in Vladivostok