Probe ordered into misbehaviour charge against Addl DCP
New Delhi: Delhi Police on Wednesday asked its Joint
Commissioner (Crime) Sandeep Goel to conduct an inquiry into
allegations that an IPS officer punished a constable by making
him crawl for not saluting him at Patiala House district
courts complex here.
The Joint Commissioner has been asked to conduct the
inquiry as per the directions of the court, Delhi Police
spokesperson Rajan Bhagat Singh.
Seju P Kuruvila, Additional Deputy Commissioner of
Police (New Delhi), had hit the headlines for wrong reasons
after he allegedly compelled a constable to crawl and roll as
punishment for talking on mobile while on duty.
A senior police official said Goel will inquire into the
incident and if needed will take statements of the constable
Meanwhile, the Delhi High Court also sought responses
from Police Commissioner B K Gupta and Kuruvila.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of decision to name Aurangzeb Road after Dr. Abdul Kalam - Part III
- DNA: Analyzing Geeta Press' baseless accusations against Zee News - Part II
- Govt should stop discrimination against Muslims: Hamid Ansari
- DNA: How terrorists are trained by Pakistan Navy with help of ISI
- Indrani can do anything for money: Siddharth Das
- Leaked! Tentative list of 'Bigg Boss 9' revealed and guess who's hosting?
- I am still single, says Hrithik Roshan
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das
- Bharat bandh: Nation braces for country-wide strike on Wednesday
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea charged with poisoning son Mikhail