Exiled England batsman Kevin Pietersen has advised Indian batsmen to try and sign up for state teams in Australia before India`s tour down under.
Captain Michael Clarke will miss Australia’s opening match of the triangular series against Zimbabwe on Monday after failing to recover from a hamstring injury, Cricket Australia said on Sunday.
Painter Venkatesh Kandunoori is on a mission - to collect signatures of important people on a large sized celebratory sketch of cricket legend Sachin Tendulkar.
Australian left-armer Mitchell Starc`s bid to stake claim to be one of the premier limited-overs bowlers in the world has been hampered by injuries in the past 12 months but the pacer feels his fitness and body is in a place where it can handle the arduous period of cricket that lies ahead.
Strike bowler Stuart Broad, one of the heroes of England`s 3-1 test series victory against India, was on Monday left out of a 15-man squad for the five one-day internationals between the two teams.
The first bat and other playing gear and memorabilia of Donald Bradman - arguably the greatest batsman ever - will be showcased at an exhibition at the iconic Victoria Memorial Hall here in 2015.
Former England batsman Mark Butcher has said current opener Sam Robson should consider himself lucky to be picked for the Oval Test against India, and will need to score well to secure his Test future.
Former Pakistan Test opener and coach Mohsin Khan has blamed poor technique, technical and mental issues for the national team`s loss in the first Test against Sri Lanka.
The number of sportsperson taking up cricket in Australia is growing every year and 2013-14 saw a 16 percent rise with the final figure pegged at 1.106 million, Cricket Australia (CA) said Monday.
Kabaddi may not compare to cricket in the glamour quotient but when it came to finding buyers for the eight franchises of the recently-launched World Kabaddi League, the organisers had 16 bidders to choose from, says the event`s commissioner and former hockey player Pargat Singh.
A neglected Indian sport, Billiards is the latest to join the bandwagon of growing Premier League`s of various games after the success of IPL in cricket.
Cricket has elicited lukewarm response from the full ICC members of the continent for the upcoming Incheon Asian Games with India skipping the event altogether and Pakistan electing to send only its women`s team.
Legendary off-spinner Erapalli Prasanna on Friday questioned India`s logic behind ignoring Ravichandran Ashwin and termed team management`s move to play Ravindra Jadeja as a strike bowler a "disastrous" one.
Gordon Lewis, who was appointed as the judicial commissioner to look into the altercation between Ravindra Jadeja and James Anderson, on Friday, didn`t find any of the two players guilty.
National duty has taken precedence over love of cricket as two young Indian-origin brothers have swapped their cricket attire for army uniforms to protect their country in the ongoing deadly armed conflict with Hamas.
Allan Donald, the South African cricket team`s bowling coach, has described his side`s remarkable defiance during the Test match played against Sri Lanka at the Sinhalese Sports Club in Colombo as the best "winning save" he had ever experienced.
South Africa reclaimed top spot in cricket`s test rankings after grimly hanging on for a draw in the second and final test against Sri Lanka on Monday to win the series 1-0.
Abhishek Bachchan says if he gets an opportunity, he would love to do a biopic on cricketer Yuvraj Singh, whose career graph and fighting spirit as a cancer survivor, the actor believes, can make for an inspiration tale.
England won`t just be looking to end a sequence of 10 Tests without a win when they face India in the third Test at Southampton on Sunday, they will be aiming to restore their pride.
Delighted to be on the Lord`s roll-of-honour after a gritty hundred on the opening day of the second Test, Ajinkya Rahane revealed that he was a little nervous before his first Test at this celebrated ground.
Young Pakistan batsman Umar Akmal has triggered off a new controversy by filing a suit for damages against a traffic warden, Zeeshan who detained him for traffic violations and misbehavior earlier this year.
After Maria Sharapova stated that she doesn`t know who Sachin Tendulkar was post her Wimbledon match against Angelique Kerber, angry cricket fans took to Twitter, and started a new trend called "Who is Maria Sharapova".
The Cricket World Cup trophy will be in India from July 19-23 during its visit to countries that will participate in the extravaganza to be staged in Australia and New Zealand early next year, the International Cricket Council said on Thursday.
New Zealand were pressing for a series-clinching victory with the West Indies struggling at 72 for three after being set a victory target of 308 when rain brought an early end to play before lunch on the last day of the third and final Test at Kensington Oval in Barbados on Monday.
Pakistan cricket authorities on Friday said they hoped banned paceman Mohammad Aamer would return to domestic cricket before the end of his five-year ban for spot-fixing.
Cochin Music Challengers, the celebrity cricket team of prominent playback singers of the Malayalam film industry, will try to bowl the inmates of the Government hospital here tomorrow not through their cricketing feat, but by music.
Gillette, the men`s personal care brand from Proctor and Gamble, saluted the father-son relationship through its global campaign `Because you are my role model` by bringing together the largest gathering of dad-son duos to shave together and reminisce about their first shave stories.
Australian all-rounder James Faulkner has been appointed as the `A` team captain for the four-day series against India `A` and South Africa `A` in July and August, Cricket Australia confirmed Friday.
Cricket, the international game of bats and balls that is not baseball, is enjoying a surge of popularity in America, with the debut of a national league this spring and higher demand to build "pitches" across the country.
Shah Rukh Khan`s Indian Premier League (IPL) franchise Kolkata Knight Riders (KKR) won the title in 2012 and they have again reached the finals of the seventh edition being played here Sunday. The superstar admits to being nervous, but says he has nothing to lose and tweeted a picture with AbRam written on it.
- Kejriwal's electricity bill exceeds Rs 1 lakh in two months: RTI
- Bangladeshi newspaper mocks Indian team with half-shaved heads
- Bombay HC allows Nestle to export Maggi noodles
- Warning! Plastic rice from China now on sale in India
- Zee Media Exclusive chat with India's first NBA player Satnam Singh
- No mediation in rape cases, rules Supreme Court
- DNA: Why India should not take credit for Satnam Singh's NBA achievement!
- Greece becomes first developed nation to default on IMF
- DNA: Analysis of Dayanidhi Maran's illegal telephone exchange case
- Exclusive: Ravi Shankar Prasad talks about Digital India Programme
- Watch: Top 25 Headlines @ 12 pm
- Subhash Kapoor's Guddu Rangeela in the midst of the ‘Mata Ka Email’ song controversy
- Zee Media Exclusive chat with Azhar who feeds poor daily in Hyderabad
- Shahid-Mira's wedding card is out!
- Zee Media Exclusive chat with cast of 'Guddu Rangeela'
- Sunanda Pushkar murder case: Police may approach court seeking lie detector test on Shashi Tharoor
- Check JEE (Main) 2015 rank on www.jeemain.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in
- Jawaharlal Nehru's Wikipedia page edited from govt IP address; Congress seeks PM Modi's reply
- No liberal approach, mediation or compromise in rape cases: Supreme Court
- After Pankaja Munde, now Vinod Tawde accused of irregularities in awarding contracts in Maharashtra
- Delhi court restrains release of controversial movie 'Mohalla Assi'
- Bangladeshi newspaper ridicules Indian cricketers with distasteful advertisement
- Congress furnishes new documents on Dholpur Palace ownership
- Bollywood gives thumbs up to 'Masaan' trailer!
- Salman Khan moved to tears after watching ‘Bajrangi Bhaijaan’
- Digvijay Singh moves Supreme Court for CBI probe into Vyapam scam
- Lalitgate: Centre denies deal with Congress over Sushma Swaraj, Vasundhara Raje
- Deepika Padukone skips Arjun Kapoor's bash?
- Smart plan to send humans to Mars
- Watch: Salman Khan shares funny video featuring Kabir Khan!