Exiled England batsman Kevin Pietersen has advised Indian batsmen to try and sign up for state teams in Australia before India`s tour down under.
Captain Michael Clarke will miss Australia’s opening match of the triangular series against Zimbabwe on Monday after failing to recover from a hamstring injury, Cricket Australia said on Sunday.
Painter Venkatesh Kandunoori is on a mission - to collect signatures of important people on a large sized celebratory sketch of cricket legend Sachin Tendulkar.
Australian left-armer Mitchell Starc`s bid to stake claim to be one of the premier limited-overs bowlers in the world has been hampered by injuries in the past 12 months but the pacer feels his fitness and body is in a place where it can handle the arduous period of cricket that lies ahead.
Strike bowler Stuart Broad, one of the heroes of England`s 3-1 test series victory against India, was on Monday left out of a 15-man squad for the five one-day internationals between the two teams.
The first bat and other playing gear and memorabilia of Donald Bradman - arguably the greatest batsman ever - will be showcased at an exhibition at the iconic Victoria Memorial Hall here in 2015.
Former England batsman Mark Butcher has said current opener Sam Robson should consider himself lucky to be picked for the Oval Test against India, and will need to score well to secure his Test future.
Former Pakistan Test opener and coach Mohsin Khan has blamed poor technique, technical and mental issues for the national team`s loss in the first Test against Sri Lanka.
The number of sportsperson taking up cricket in Australia is growing every year and 2013-14 saw a 16 percent rise with the final figure pegged at 1.106 million, Cricket Australia (CA) said Monday.
Kabaddi may not compare to cricket in the glamour quotient but when it came to finding buyers for the eight franchises of the recently-launched World Kabaddi League, the organisers had 16 bidders to choose from, says the event`s commissioner and former hockey player Pargat Singh.
A neglected Indian sport, Billiards is the latest to join the bandwagon of growing Premier League`s of various games after the success of IPL in cricket.
Cricket has elicited lukewarm response from the full ICC members of the continent for the upcoming Incheon Asian Games with India skipping the event altogether and Pakistan electing to send only its women`s team.
Legendary off-spinner Erapalli Prasanna on Friday questioned India`s logic behind ignoring Ravichandran Ashwin and termed team management`s move to play Ravindra Jadeja as a strike bowler a "disastrous" one.
Gordon Lewis, who was appointed as the judicial commissioner to look into the altercation between Ravindra Jadeja and James Anderson, on Friday, didn`t find any of the two players guilty.
National duty has taken precedence over love of cricket as two young Indian-origin brothers have swapped their cricket attire for army uniforms to protect their country in the ongoing deadly armed conflict with Hamas.
Allan Donald, the South African cricket team`s bowling coach, has described his side`s remarkable defiance during the Test match played against Sri Lanka at the Sinhalese Sports Club in Colombo as the best "winning save" he had ever experienced.
South Africa reclaimed top spot in cricket`s test rankings after grimly hanging on for a draw in the second and final test against Sri Lanka on Monday to win the series 1-0.
Abhishek Bachchan says if he gets an opportunity, he would love to do a biopic on cricketer Yuvraj Singh, whose career graph and fighting spirit as a cancer survivor, the actor believes, can make for an inspiration tale.
England won`t just be looking to end a sequence of 10 Tests without a win when they face India in the third Test at Southampton on Sunday, they will be aiming to restore their pride.
Delighted to be on the Lord`s roll-of-honour after a gritty hundred on the opening day of the second Test, Ajinkya Rahane revealed that he was a little nervous before his first Test at this celebrated ground.
Young Pakistan batsman Umar Akmal has triggered off a new controversy by filing a suit for damages against a traffic warden, Zeeshan who detained him for traffic violations and misbehavior earlier this year.
After Maria Sharapova stated that she doesn`t know who Sachin Tendulkar was post her Wimbledon match against Angelique Kerber, angry cricket fans took to Twitter, and started a new trend called "Who is Maria Sharapova".
The Cricket World Cup trophy will be in India from July 19-23 during its visit to countries that will participate in the extravaganza to be staged in Australia and New Zealand early next year, the International Cricket Council said on Thursday.
New Zealand were pressing for a series-clinching victory with the West Indies struggling at 72 for three after being set a victory target of 308 when rain brought an early end to play before lunch on the last day of the third and final Test at Kensington Oval in Barbados on Monday.
Pakistan cricket authorities on Friday said they hoped banned paceman Mohammad Aamer would return to domestic cricket before the end of his five-year ban for spot-fixing.
Cochin Music Challengers, the celebrity cricket team of prominent playback singers of the Malayalam film industry, will try to bowl the inmates of the Government hospital here tomorrow not through their cricketing feat, but by music.
Gillette, the men`s personal care brand from Proctor and Gamble, saluted the father-son relationship through its global campaign `Because you are my role model` by bringing together the largest gathering of dad-son duos to shave together and reminisce about their first shave stories.
Australian all-rounder James Faulkner has been appointed as the `A` team captain for the four-day series against India `A` and South Africa `A` in July and August, Cricket Australia confirmed Friday.
Cricket, the international game of bats and balls that is not baseball, is enjoying a surge of popularity in America, with the debut of a national league this spring and higher demand to build "pitches" across the country.
Shah Rukh Khan`s Indian Premier League (IPL) franchise Kolkata Knight Riders (KKR) won the title in 2012 and they have again reached the finals of the seventh edition being played here Sunday. The superstar admits to being nervous, but says he has nothing to lose and tweeted a picture with AbRam written on it.
- Indrani 'slow-poisoned' Sheena, wanted to portray Mikhail as 'mentally unstable'?
- 'Mann ki Baat': Will implement 13 new pointers to Land Bill from today itself, says PM Modi
- People have no faith left in Modi government: Sonia Gandhi at Swabhiman rally
- Will not allow any political party to join agitation: Hardik Patel
- Swabhiman rally: About Bihar's development or Narendra Modi?
- Lashkar-e-Toiba plotting 26/11-style attack in India with the help of Pak Navy, ISI?
- What was Indrani Mukherjea's original plan to murder Sheena Bora?
- Radhe Maa approached to be a part of Bigg Boss 9?
- Top 25 news @12pm
- Pakistan can inflict 'heavy losses' in war with India: Khawaja Muhammad Asif
- Blood diamonds: Dawood Ibrahim's latest business interest
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, 'sex sites' planted as following
- Lalu Prasad Yadav hits out at Modi in Swabhiman rally
- Swabhiman rally: About Bihar's development or Narendra Modi? - Part II
- PM Modi launches digital version of epic 'Ramcharitmanas'
- Satire website publishes article on Osama bin Laden being alive and quotes Edward Snowden
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Sheena murder: Suitcase seized from Indrani, Peter's residence meant for disposing Mikhail's body?
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'
- Militants kill two engineers in Pakistan airport attack
- Five simple tips to eat healthy!
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, sex sites planted as 'following'
- PM Modi's 'Mann ki Baat': As it happened on August 30
- Richest terrorist group Islamic State, is now minting gold coins?
- PM Modi releases digital version of Ramcharitmanas musical
- Kabir Khan got the 'best gift' from Salman Khan
- Sheena murder case: Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev, driver taken to Raigad crime spot
- Akshay Kumar's 'Brothers' racing fast towards 100 crore club!
- I feel people have more views than me: Arjun Rampal on divorce rumours