Shanties gutted in fire in Delhi
New Delhi: At least 20 shanties were gutted in a fire near Millennium Depot at Ring Road here on Sunday afternoon.
"Around 20-25 shanties were burnt when a fire broke out in the slum cluster near Millennium Depot at Ringh Road. We got a call at 3:40 PM after which six fire tenders were rushed to the spot which doused the fire.
"No casualty was reported in the incident. The cause of fire is yet to be ascertained," said a Delhi Fire Service Official.
In another incident, a 28-year-woman was injured when soil being dug for a boundary wall of a school in Gaddha colony, Jaitpur caved in this afternoon.
Lakshmi, a labourer working at the site, was trapped in the debris. A call was received at 2:45 pm after which three fire tenders were rushed to the spot.
The woman was rescued and taken to AIIMS Trauma Centre where she is said to be out of danger. She received minor injuries in hands and legs, the official said.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Intolerance issue: When did ‘Incredible India’ become ‘Intolerant India’, Anupam Kher asks Aamir Khan
- Tirupati, Tirumala rains update: Temple remains open; pilgrims continue to pour in for darshan
- BJP's big poser to Aamir Khan: Is there any better neighbour for Muslims than a Hindu?
- Muslim leader Asaduddin Owaisi says Aamir Khan wrong in wanting to leave India