Shanties gutted in fire in Delhi
New Delhi: At least 20 shanties were gutted in a fire near Millennium Depot at Ring Road here on Sunday afternoon.
"Around 20-25 shanties were burnt when a fire broke out in the slum cluster near Millennium Depot at Ringh Road. We got a call at 3:40 PM after which six fire tenders were rushed to the spot which doused the fire.
"No casualty was reported in the incident. The cause of fire is yet to be ascertained," said a Delhi Fire Service Official.
In another incident, a 28-year-woman was injured when soil being dug for a boundary wall of a school in Gaddha colony, Jaitpur caved in this afternoon.
Lakshmi, a labourer working at the site, was trapped in the debris. A call was received at 2:45 pm after which three fire tenders were rushed to the spot.
The woman was rescued and taken to AIIMS Trauma Centre where she is said to be out of danger. She received minor injuries in hands and legs, the official said.
- IN PICS: Kanhaiya Kumar's supporters brutally thrash this man in Patna - Know why
- Good news! India win one silver, two bronze in Archery World Cup
- Yuvraj Singh drops big hint about film on his life – Here's what the star batsman said...
- Indian Premier League 9: After struggling for years, Delhi Daredevils find rhythm under Rahul Dravid's watchful eyes
- WATCH: SHOCKING! Kanhaiya Kumar's supporters mercilessly beat up man for showing black flag