Such problems part of coalition govts: Soni
New Delhi: Against the backdrop of the controversy surrounding Railway Minister Dinesh Trivedi, Congress on Thursday said "such problems and occasions" are part of
"Leader of the House in Lok Sabha Pranab Mukherjee has very clearly articulated that when you are a running coalition
government, such problems and occasions do arrive. They
happened in the past...," Union minister Ambika Soni told
Referring to attacks by the BJP in Parliament on the
issue, she said there were similar instances when the NDA was ruling for six years.
"What happened..? How they listened to coalition partners.
This happens. Each one has different political compulsions and they put it across," she said.
She scoffed at suggestions that the controversy has made
the UPA government a `laughing stock` but said it was
"I think such things should not happen, but since it has
taken place, we have to deal with it. But nevertheless, the
leadership is looking at it ... and as soon as the Prime
Minister has something which is concrete, the House will be
kept informed," she said, adding that the principle of "give
and take" applies to coalition governments.
The controversy arose after Trinamool chief Mamata
Banerjee took exception to her party colleague Trivedi
proposing hike in passenger fares in the Railway Budget.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi: 8-year-old boy dies after falling into pothole
- Woman commits suicide in UP after posting message on social media
- Nirbhaya gang-rape convict Vinay Sharma attempts suicide in Tihar Jail
- Rajnath Singh, Mehbooba Mufti hold joint press conference on Kashmir violence
- Will appoint nodal officer for Kashmiris: Rajnath Singh
- Italy earthquake death toll rises to 247 as rescuers desperately search for survivors
- Sensex firms up 78 points in early trade on F&O expiry
- Piers Morgan pokes fun at India's performance in Rio: Here's how Virender Sehwag SHUT him down
- Raj Thackeray defies SC order, MNS ties Dahi-Handi at 49 feet in Thane
- Fashion for me is feeling glamorous, confident: Shraddha Kapoor