2015-16 to be observed as water conservation year
New Delhi: The year 2015-16 will be observed as water conservation year and a public movement will be launched during the year to conserve the precious resource, Water Resources, River Development and Ganga Rejuvenation Minister Uma Bharti said Wednesday.
Bharti said the cooperation of state governments, NGOs, civil society, youth and retired personnel will be taken in efforts aimed at conserving water.
"Public movement has become a necessity for conservation of water and rivers in the country. Water is an important element of development, but in some places the sacred water of river Ganga is not even fit for consumption by animals," Bharti said while inaugurating an international seminar here on water risk and water stewardship.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shocking update in Sheena Bora case: Indrani Mukerjea was sexually molested by her father?
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder
- A peek into Indrani Mukerjea's past
- Sheena Bora murder case: When Indrani Mukerjea broke down during questioning
- Ravi Shastri reveals truth behind MS Dhoni's sudden Test retirement!