2015-16 to be observed as water conservation year
New Delhi: The year 2015-16 will be observed as water conservation year and a public movement will be launched during the year to conserve the precious resource, Water Resources, River Development and Ganga Rejuvenation Minister Uma Bharti said Wednesday.
Bharti said the cooperation of state governments, NGOs, civil society, youth and retired personnel will be taken in efforts aimed at conserving water.
"Public movement has become a necessity for conservation of water and rivers in the country. Water is an important element of development, but in some places the sacred water of river Ganga is not even fit for consumption by animals," Bharti said while inaugurating an international seminar here on water risk and water stewardship.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will implement 'One Rank, One Pension' without fail: PM Modi
- Delhi: Shakuntala Gamlin writes to LG against AAP minister
- Jharkhand's Health Minister slaps political rival in public
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar stands in a queue at Pune wedding!
- One Rank, One Pension: What is complicating its implementation? Part-2
- President Pranab Mukherjee gives nod to re-promulgation of Land Acquisition Ordinance
- PM Modi's 'Mann Ki Baat' 8th edition: As it happened
- IMD predicts thundershowers in Delhi, Punjab and UP between June 1-3
- Check CHSE orrisharesults.nic.in, chseodisha.nic.in for Class 12 (Plus Two) Result 2015
- Will ask SC if India can pursue Captain Saurabh Kalia case against Pakistan in ICJ: Sushma Swaraj