430 rhinos killed in South Africa since January
Pretoria: South Africa has lost a total of 430 rhinos to poaching since January, state-run news agency SA News reported.
"The latest rhino poaching statistics indicate that a total of 430 rhinos have been lost to illegal killings since the beginning of this year," the Department of Environmental Affairs said.
A total of 205 people have been arrested, the department said.
The Kruger National Park has lost 258 rhinos, whereas Limpopo, KwaZulu-Natal and the North West provinces continue to be hit by poachers, collectively accounting for the loss of 141 rhinos.
Of those arrested, 177 were poachers, 10 were receivers and 18 couriers.
The department has asked the public to report incidents of poaching or any tip-offs that could lead to arrests and prevent illegal killings.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Security guard beats woman journalist publicly in Pakistan
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; 7 Pak Rangers killed, BSF jawan injured
- ISIS terrorists escape Mosul disguised in women's clothing
- DNA: Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; Seven Pak Rangers killed
- DNA: Analysing the existing poor condition of Indian education system
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni or Virat Kohli? Here's Virender Sehwag's best ever reply
- Sushant Singh Rajput’s former girlfriend Ankita Lokhande’s Karva Chauth photos will surprise you