BP Gulf oil spill still killing dolphins
Washington: A new study has revealed that BP gulf oil spill is still influencing dolphin mortality, prognosis and reproductive health.
Scientists caught dolphins in Barataria Bay (BB), Louisiana, and a site thought to be uncontaminated, and found that forty-eight per cent dolphins were given a guarded or worse prognosis, and 17 per cent were given poor or grave prognosis, indicating that the marine mammals were not expected to survive, according to Examiner.com.
The report said that the disease`s severity, poor body condition, and high occurrence of abnormalities seen in BB dolphins is in stark contrast with the overall health status of dolphins from the SB [uncontaminated ] reference site.
According to BP, who paid for the study, there is no evidence about their oil played a role in the poor health of the Dolphins living in the oil-contaminated environment.
The study has been published in Environmental Science and Technology.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Dawood Ibrahim's surrender offer rejected due to a 'condition', clarifies Sharad Pawar
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- Akshay Singh's death case: MP CM assures fair probe, lambasts Oppn over Vyapam scam