Caribbean coral named after JLo
New York: A new species of Caribbean coral has been named after singer Jennifer Lopez. Researchers found the new species in Mona Passage off the coast of Puerto Rico.
The newly found Pontarachnid mite represents a common but still unstudied group of marine animals. Nothing is known about the life cycle of these animals.
The new species was collected from a depth of 70 metres, the deepest place from which Pontarachnid mites have been found until now.
"The reason behind the unusual choice of name for the new species is that JLo`s songs and videos kept the team in a continuous good mood when writing the manuscript and watching World Cup football 2014," explained Vladimir Pesic from University of Montenegro.
The study was published in the journal ZooKeys.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Bihar polls: Lalu's younger son claims to be older than elder brother
- Rahul Gandhi received pay while on 56 day leave: Organizer
- Mega sale: Snapdeal, Flipkart, others gear up for festive season
- Zee Media Exclusive: Three Romanians arrested in skimming scam in Mumbai
- Dadri lynching: Azam Khan seeks UN intervention
- Salman Khan, Aamir Khan's friendship turns sour? Here's the truth
- India vs South Africa: How cricket fraternity reacted to crowd's disgraceful behaviour at Cuttack
- Dadri lynching: Any threat to secular fabric of country will not be tolerated, says Rajnath Singh
- 'Rahul Gandhi gets pay without work'
- Dadri Police recommends FIR against Mahesh Sharma, Sangeet Som, Naseemuddin Siddiqui