Caribbean coral named after JLo
New York: A new species of Caribbean coral has been named after singer Jennifer Lopez. Researchers found the new species in Mona Passage off the coast of Puerto Rico.
The newly found Pontarachnid mite represents a common but still unstudied group of marine animals. Nothing is known about the life cycle of these animals.
The new species was collected from a depth of 70 metres, the deepest place from which Pontarachnid mites have been found until now.
"The reason behind the unusual choice of name for the new species is that JLo`s songs and videos kept the team in a continuous good mood when writing the manuscript and watching World Cup football 2014," explained Vladimir Pesic from University of Montenegro.
The study was published in the journal ZooKeys.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- What Hindu saints think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Yogi Adityanath to visit Gorakhpur for first time today after becoming UP CM
- Bikaner: 13-year-old schoolgirl raped by eight teachers
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- Know how to link your PAN card with Aadhaar card – Here is the step by step explanation
- Mohanlal's 'Manyam Puli' has a BREATHTAKING scene where TIGER attacks a boy! WATCH 'Pulimurugan' clip
- Yogi Adityanath meets gang-rape survivor, who was forced to drink acid, at Lucknow hospital; two arrested
- Mohammad Kaif takes a subtle dig at Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad after he hit Air India official with slippers