Caribbean coral named after JLo
New York: A new species of Caribbean coral has been named after singer Jennifer Lopez. Researchers found the new species in Mona Passage off the coast of Puerto Rico.
The newly found Pontarachnid mite represents a common but still unstudied group of marine animals. Nothing is known about the life cycle of these animals.
The new species was collected from a depth of 70 metres, the deepest place from which Pontarachnid mites have been found until now.
"The reason behind the unusual choice of name for the new species is that JLo`s songs and videos kept the team in a continuous good mood when writing the manuscript and watching World Cup football 2014," explained Vladimir Pesic from University of Montenegro.
The study was published in the journal ZooKeys.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- Basic ideals of Constitution are in danger: Sonia Gandhi
- PM Modi greets nation on occasion of first Constitution Day
- DNA: 7th anniversary of 26/11 attacks, Nation pays homage to martyrs
- Candid chat with 'Tamasha' stars Deekipa Padukone, Ranbir Kapoor
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Setback to Kejriwal-led AAP as MLA Akhilesh Tripathi arrested in riot case
- See pic: Genelia marks son's birthday!
- Bigg Boss, Day 46: Priya Malik urinates inside the car!
- READ: New twist in Karisma Kapoor, Sunjay Kapur divorce saga!