Cash award to promote environment improvement activities
Puducherry: The Puducherry government has drawn up a scheme for the first time to provide a cash award and citation to individuals, institutions or organisations who have contributed substantially to improve the environment.
An official release said the `Environment Award` has been set up by the Department of Science, Technology and Environment, envisaging sanction of Rs 25,000 to those selected under the scheme and handing over of a citation.
The award would be presented at the Independence Day celebrations this year. The award would relate to the activities for the improvement of environment and matters connected with it in the Union Territory during 2010-2012, it said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- Barack Obama thanks Americans for making him a 'better man'
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened