Cash award to promote environment improvement activities
Puducherry: The Puducherry government has drawn up a scheme for the first time to provide a cash award and citation to individuals, institutions or organisations who have contributed substantially to improve the environment.
An official release said the `Environment Award` has been set up by the Department of Science, Technology and Environment, envisaging sanction of Rs 25,000 to those selected under the scheme and handing over of a citation.
The award would be presented at the Independence Day celebrations this year. The award would relate to the activities for the improvement of environment and matters connected with it in the Union Territory during 2010-2012, it said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Outrage over Tanmay Bhatt's video mocking Lata Mangeshkar, Sachin Tendulkar
- VHP's women wing Durga Vahini gives arms training to children!
- Heavy rain disrupts flight operations in Delhi
- MP: Liquor mafia attacks police, journalists with weapons
- Attack on African nationals: Gen VK Singh slammed for his statement
- MEA official meets deceased Congolese national's family
- Good news for Rail Passengers! No service charge on ticket booked through card from June 1
- Japan keen to invest in India’s infrastructure growth story: Finance Minister
- People have figured out: Liam Hemsworth on reunion with Miley
- Afghan govt seeks extension for refugees to stay in Pakistan