Cash award to promote environment improvement activities
Puducherry: The Puducherry government has drawn up a scheme for the first time to provide a cash award and citation to individuals, institutions or organisations who have contributed substantially to improve the environment.
An official release said the `Environment Award` has been set up by the Department of Science, Technology and Environment, envisaging sanction of Rs 25,000 to those selected under the scheme and handing over of a citation.
The award would be presented at the Independence Day celebrations this year. The award would relate to the activities for the improvement of environment and matters connected with it in the Union Territory during 2010-2012, it said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Mother beats her infant son in Bareilly, tries to strangulate him
- Women can enter inner sanctorum of Haji Ali Dargah: Mumbai HC
- Watch: PM Modi's speech on Transforming India at NITI Aayog
- Mysterious fever claims 12 lives in Noida within 15 days
- Panel discussion on Mumbai HC allowing women to enter Haji Ali Dargah
- SpaceX Dragon cargo craft departs International Space Station
- Modi-inspired khadi outfits for Goa officials every Friday
- Uttar Pradesh Police personnel to get offs every 10 days
- Eight police killed in southeast Turkey car bomb attack: Report
- AAP 'intentionally' framed Punjab chief Chhotepur before expelling him: Dharamvira Gandhi