Cash award to promote environment improvement activities
Puducherry: The Puducherry government has drawn up a scheme for the first time to provide a cash award and citation to individuals, institutions or organisations who have contributed substantially to improve the environment.
An official release said the `Environment Award` has been set up by the Department of Science, Technology and Environment, envisaging sanction of Rs 25,000 to those selected under the scheme and handing over of a citation.
The award would be presented at the Independence Day celebrations this year. The award would relate to the activities for the improvement of environment and matters connected with it in the Union Territory during 2010-2012, it said.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Intolerance issue: Proud to be Indian, won't leave country, says Aamir Khan
- Watch: Chicago cop shoots a 17-year-old black man 16 times
- Army camp attacked in J&K's Kupwara; three JeM terrorists, one civilian killed
- Aamir Khan's remarks on intolerance stir controversy; BJP slams, film fraternity split
- WATCH: Rahul Gandhi asks 'Is Swachh Bharat working', Mount Carmel girls yell 'Yessss'