Cash award to promote environment improvement activities
Puducherry: The Puducherry government has drawn up a scheme for the first time to provide a cash award and citation to individuals, institutions or organisations who have contributed substantially to improve the environment.
An official release said the `Environment Award` has been set up by the Department of Science, Technology and Environment, envisaging sanction of Rs 25,000 to those selected under the scheme and handing over of a citation.
The award would be presented at the Independence Day celebrations this year. The award would relate to the activities for the improvement of environment and matters connected with it in the Union Territory during 2010-2012, it said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- This is why Cyrus Mistry was removed as Chairman of Tata Sons!
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- Read letters by Ratan Tata to PM Narendra Modi and Group employees after Cyrus Mistry's ouster
- Prompt action on border pushes Pak to offer olive branch, says both sides need to 'formalise' 2003 ceasefire