Environment protection a challenge in U’khand: Guv
Dehradun: Uttarakhand Governor Aziz Qureshi said today the conservation of the environment has become a challenge in the state which needs to be taken seriously.
"Conserving the fragile ecology of this hill state is a tough challenge that needs to be tackled on a priority basis," Qureshi said while honouring Sampoornand Bharti with the `Green Award` at a function organised by the Confederation of Indian Industries here
Bharti runs an NGO named `Doodhatoli Lok Vikas Sansthan` at Pauri which works in the field of environment protection.
Showering praise on Bharti for his dedicated service to the cause of environment protection, the Governor said it was due to efforts made by people like him that India`s traditions, culture and environment are alive today.
The Uttarakhand chapter of Confederation of Indian Industries confers the "Green Award" annually on people making notable contribution to environment protection.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Over 60 cadets killed in Pakistan police academy attack
- DNA: Exclusive report on the extreme sacrifices made by ITBP soldiers
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's ''progressive'' remark on triple talaq
- I pay my tribute to martyr Naresh Pal: PM Narendra Modi
- Some people are creating confusion between me and my father: Akhilesh Yadav
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- This is why Cyrus Mistry was removed as Chairman of Tata Sons!
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- Prompt action on border pushes Pak to offer olive branch, says both sides need to 'formalise' 2003 ceasefire
- 7th Pay Commission: Committee on Allowances proposes hike in HRA for central govt employees