Environment protection a challenge in U’khand: Guv
Dehradun: Uttarakhand Governor Aziz Qureshi said today the conservation of the environment has become a challenge in the state which needs to be taken seriously.
"Conserving the fragile ecology of this hill state is a tough challenge that needs to be tackled on a priority basis," Qureshi said while honouring Sampoornand Bharti with the `Green Award` at a function organised by the Confederation of Indian Industries here
Bharti runs an NGO named `Doodhatoli Lok Vikas Sansthan` at Pauri which works in the field of environment protection.
Showering praise on Bharti for his dedicated service to the cause of environment protection, the Governor said it was due to efforts made by people like him that India`s traditions, culture and environment are alive today.
The Uttarakhand chapter of Confederation of Indian Industries confers the "Green Award" annually on people making notable contribution to environment protection.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- CBI confirms Delhi health minister Satyendra Jain's indulgence in Hawala business
- Should army take strict action against stone pelters of J&K?
- Etawah: UP cops caught drunk while on duty
- Watch: CM Yogi Adityanath's first speech in UP Assembly house
- Triple Talaq: Why AIMPLB are opposing the petitions filed in Supreme Court?
- Left to die on road, pregnant Lucknow woman writes to PM Narendra Modi to end 'triple talaq', says 'I voted for BJP'
- The Kapil Sharma Show: No Sunday episode this weekend? Here’s why
- India vs Australia: Virat Kohli takes reconciliatory path, says his friendship comment was 'blown out of proportion'
- Sunil Grover joining AIB? Here’s the truth
- Reliance Jio closes in on 50 million paid users