Environment protection a challenge in U’khand: Guv
Dehradun: Uttarakhand Governor Aziz Qureshi said today the conservation of the environment has become a challenge in the state which needs to be taken seriously.
"Conserving the fragile ecology of this hill state is a tough challenge that needs to be tackled on a priority basis," Qureshi said while honouring Sampoornand Bharti with the `Green Award` at a function organised by the Confederation of Indian Industries here
Bharti runs an NGO named `Doodhatoli Lok Vikas Sansthan` at Pauri which works in the field of environment protection.
Showering praise on Bharti for his dedicated service to the cause of environment protection, the Governor said it was due to efforts made by people like him that India`s traditions, culture and environment are alive today.
The Uttarakhand chapter of Confederation of Indian Industries confers the "Green Award" annually on people making notable contribution to environment protection.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Olympic bronze medallist Sakshi Malik returns home from Rio to grand welcome!
- Rahul Gandhi takes U-turn, says never blamed RSS for Gandhi's assassination
- Secret documents on Indian Navy's Scorpene-class submarine leaked
- PM Modi's photos, Indian flags raised during massive protests in Balochistan
- Did India become victim of Scorpene submarine conspiracy?