Environment protection a challenge in U’khand: Guv
Dehradun: Uttarakhand Governor Aziz Qureshi said today the conservation of the environment has become a challenge in the state which needs to be taken seriously.
"Conserving the fragile ecology of this hill state is a tough challenge that needs to be tackled on a priority basis," Qureshi said while honouring Sampoornand Bharti with the `Green Award` at a function organised by the Confederation of Indian Industries here
Bharti runs an NGO named `Doodhatoli Lok Vikas Sansthan` at Pauri which works in the field of environment protection.
Showering praise on Bharti for his dedicated service to the cause of environment protection, the Governor said it was due to efforts made by people like him that India`s traditions, culture and environment are alive today.
The Uttarakhand chapter of Confederation of Indian Industries confers the "Green Award" annually on people making notable contribution to environment protection.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why is India indulging in peace talks with Pak despite its terrorism-inducing diplomacy?
- Why is India indulging in peace talks with Pak despite its terrorism-inducing diplomacy? - Part II
- Top wrestler Narsingh fails dope test, may miss Olympics
- UP: At least 7 children killed as school van collides with train in Bhadohi
- Rajasthan HC acquits Salman Khan in two chinkara poaching cases
- Donald Trump says US could pull out of World Trade Organization
- Premier Futsal: Mumbai 5's crowned champions of inaugural edition
- 'Munich gunman planned shooting for a year, chose victims randomly'
- Unlikely sporting star Chris Froome wins third Tour de France, seals place amongst greats
- One dead, two injured in Germany machete attack: Police