Environment protection a challenge in U’khand: Guv
Dehradun: Uttarakhand Governor Aziz Qureshi said today the conservation of the environment has become a challenge in the state which needs to be taken seriously.
"Conserving the fragile ecology of this hill state is a tough challenge that needs to be tackled on a priority basis," Qureshi said while honouring Sampoornand Bharti with the `Green Award` at a function organised by the Confederation of Indian Industries here
Bharti runs an NGO named `Doodhatoli Lok Vikas Sansthan` at Pauri which works in the field of environment protection.
Showering praise on Bharti for his dedicated service to the cause of environment protection, the Governor said it was due to efforts made by people like him that India`s traditions, culture and environment are alive today.
The Uttarakhand chapter of Confederation of Indian Industries confers the "Green Award" annually on people making notable contribution to environment protection.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing
- Assembly Elections: BJP releases list of 149 candidates for Uttar Pradesh, 64 for Uttarakhand
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Serial child rapist arrested in Delhi, says 'preyed on girls for sexual satisfaction, enjoyed it'