Five firms authorised to collect e-waste in Punjab
Chandigarh: Five private firms have been authorised to collect electronic waste in Punjab, the state Pollution Control Board said Monday.
According to a press release, Singbros Mobility Solutions (Patiala), Sony India Pvt. Ltd, Singbros Mobility Solutions (Sirsa), Attero Recycling Pvt. Ltd, and Anand Traders have been authorised to collect e-waste in the state.
It is the responsibility of producers, collection centres, consumers or bulk consumers, dismantlers and recyclers for obtaining authorisation to manage and handle e-waste, the board`s chairman Ravinder Singh was quoted as saying.
He further said that every dismantler or recycler of e-waste intending to establish an e-waste facility is required to obtain consent from the board in this regard.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Wife catches husband with his girlfriend at Goa Airport
- Shiv Sena announces award of 2 lakh for Hindu families with 5 kids
- Sheena Bora murder: DNA sample to reveal the truth
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: There are no shortcuts to success, says Dr Chandra
- 'Mann ki Baat': Will implement 13 new pointers to Land Bill from today itself, says PM Modi
- Know box-office report of Saif-Katrina's 'Phantom'
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna, driver taken to Raigad to recreate crime scene
- Wife catches husband along with his girlfriend at Goa airport, video goes viral – Watch
- Bihar polls 2015: Lalu pacifies 'upset' Mulayam ahead of Mahagatbandhan rally, offers 5 seats to SP
- Sheena murder case: Villager helps locate spot where body was buried