India, Sudan agree to enhance cooperation in renewable energy
New Delhi: India today offered assistance to Sudan for developing renewable energy recources in the African country and also extended support for resource assessment and training in wind and solar energy sectors through technical institutions.
Indian Renewable Energy Development Agency (IREDA), the Indian green energy financial institution, would provide knowledge and technical appraisal assistance in developing renewable energy projects on a commercial basis.
This was decided after New and Renewable Energy minister Farooq Abdullah held a bilateral meeting for promoting cooperation in renewable energy with a delegation from Sudan.
"The talks focused on the areas of possible cooperation especially in the development of wind energy, solar energy, biomass and small hydro resources," a ministry statement said adding Abdullah offered to provide Indian assistance for developing renewable energy resources in Sudan.
The Sudanese delegaton was led by Industry Minister Al Simah Al Siddiq Al Nour along with Magdi Hassan Yasin, state minister of Finance and National Economy.
Abdullah held discussions with the delegation to find out ways of enhancing cooperation in promoting renewable energy between the two countries.
"It was also agreed that the Ministry of New and Renewable Energy would provide support for resource assessment and training in the areas of wind and solar energy through its technical institutions like Centre for Wind Energy Technology, Chennai, and the National Institute of Solar Energy, Gurgaon," the statement added.
"Indian Renewable Energy Development Agency (IREDA), the Indian green energy financial institution would provide knowledge and technical appraisal assistance in developing renewable energy projects on commercial basis," the statement added.
A team comprising officials from MNRE, IREDA, CWET and NISE would soon visit Sudan to discuss a framework for further cooperation between the two countries.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Revealed - How Indian Army hit terror camps across LoC!
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- India used 'Cartosat 2c' satellite in surgical strikes against Pakistan
- Panel discussion on Hafiz Saeed's reaction after Indian Army surgical strikes
- DNA: Inside story of Indian Army's surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- After threatening Zee News, Hafiz Saeed says PM Modi, Ajit Doval staged `surgical strike drama'
- India's surgical strikes: Pakistan buries slain terrorists to hide evidence, asks Masood Azhar to go mum
- Who is Chandu Babulal Chauhan and why India wants to bring him back from Pakistan - Read