Indian NGO organises poster exhibition at UN Climate meet
Warsaw: A poster exhibition organised by a leading green NGO from India on 20 years of climate talks has attracted the attention of environmentalists and civil society activists who are here to attend the UN Climate Change Conference.
The exhibition titled `Climate Talkies--20+years Climate` is organised by New Delhi-based research and advocacy body Centre for Science and Environment (CSE) with the support of Heinrich Boll Foundation (HBF) at a venue close to Warsaw National Stadium where UN Climate Conference is being held.
Hundreds of youths, activists and environmentalists visited the Cafe Nowy Swiat to see the exhibition that depicts the "cinematic walk through 20 years of climate negotiations", a CSE official said.
The Cafe Nowy Swiat, located at the main thoroughfare of Warsaw, is a place where intellectuals and cultural figures of Poland used to assemble before it was close down by authorities some years ago.
Chandra Bhushan, a senior CSE official who opened the exhibition, said, "Climate Talkies is our light-hearted and different way of looking at how negotiations have happened all these years."
`Climate Talkies` takes its inspiration from some of the greatest and most iconic Hollywood film names of all times, starting with `The Sound of Music` and including movies like `The Full Monty` and `Catch Me if You Can` in its lists.
Each poster then proceeds to talk about one year of negotiations, beginning with the 1992 Rio Conference.
The Warsaw Climate Change Conference, which opened on November 11, entered their penultimate day yesterday with the developing and developed nations still squabbling over funding for poor nations to deal with climate change.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- India vs England, Pune ODI: MS Dhoni still the boss; convinces Virat Kohli with spot on DRS call — WATCH
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing