Leopard caught in Jalpaiguri tea garden
Jalpaiguri: A leopard, which was preying on goats and chickens at a tea garden for the last few days, was caught in a trap laid by its workers in Jalpaiguri district today.
The eight to 10-year-old female leopard was trapped in a net with a goat as bait at the tea garden in Lakhipara, DFO Jaldapara Range, Cooch Behar Division, Rajendra Jakhar said.
Forest department employees took custody of the animal and released it in the Chapramri jungle, Jakhar said.
This was the second leopard to have fallen into a trap in as many days.
Earlier, a leopard cub was trapped at the same tea garden by workers which was released by the forest department at the Chapramari jungle after a medical checkup.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Cabinet meeting on 7th Pay Commission may approve higher salaries for govt employees
- Cabinet meeting on 7th Pay Commission may approve higher salaries for govt employees - Part II
- Monsoon havoc: Delhi lacks proper drainage system
- SC rejects plea seeking ban on WhatsApp messaging app
- 7th Pay Commission: Cabinet approves pay hike for govt employees