Leopard caught in Jalpaiguri tea garden
Jalpaiguri: A leopard, which was preying on goats and chickens at a tea garden for the last few days, was caught in a trap laid by its workers in Jalpaiguri district today.
The eight to 10-year-old female leopard was trapped in a net with a goat as bait at the tea garden in Lakhipara, DFO Jaldapara Range, Cooch Behar Division, Rajendra Jakhar said.
Forest department employees took custody of the animal and released it in the Chapramri jungle, Jakhar said.
This was the second leopard to have fallen into a trap in as many days.
Earlier, a leopard cub was trapped at the same tea garden by workers which was released by the forest department at the Chapramari jungle after a medical checkup.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is population control next on central govt's agenda after demonetization?
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan
- Jayalalithaa's funeral procession: Sea of mourners gather to pay last respects
- Watch: Tracing the journey of late Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa from films to politics
- DNA: Know why Jayalalithaa was buried and not cremated
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- RBI to issue new Rs 100 banknotes, old notes to continue as legal tender
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- J Jayalalithaa passes away: Know what all she left behind in assets