Leopard caught in Jalpaiguri tea garden
Jalpaiguri: A leopard, which was preying on goats and chickens at a tea garden for the last few days, was caught in a trap laid by its workers in Jalpaiguri district today.
The eight to 10-year-old female leopard was trapped in a net with a goat as bait at the tea garden in Lakhipara, DFO Jaldapara Range, Cooch Behar Division, Rajendra Jakhar said.
Forest department employees took custody of the animal and released it in the Chapramri jungle, Jakhar said.
This was the second leopard to have fallen into a trap in as many days.
Earlier, a leopard cub was trapped at the same tea garden by workers which was released by the forest department at the Chapramari jungle after a medical checkup.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Boyfriend murders DU student Arzu Singh; hides body in his house for three days
- International Fleet Review: India shows off naval prowess in "Operation Demo"
- Declared unfit for employment, man invents cost-effective electric car called Pixie!
- Can comments on social media against politicians land you in jail?
- Is Pakistan trying to divert India from issue of terrorism? - Part II
- Bangladesh scraps China-proposed deep sea port, India offers help to develop another
- Deepika Padukone reads letter written by father – Watch - You will be moved to tears
- 'Road Romeo' beaten up by brave girl in Allahabad: Watch
- Watch video: Samajwadi Party leader's celebratory firing kills 10-year-old child in Shamli
- Salman Khan miffed with Huma Qureshi –Sohail Khan affair reports?