Leopard caught in Jalpaiguri tea garden
Jalpaiguri: A leopard, which was preying on goats and chickens at a tea garden for the last few days, was caught in a trap laid by its workers in Jalpaiguri district today.
The eight to 10-year-old female leopard was trapped in a net with a goat as bait at the tea garden in Lakhipara, DFO Jaldapara Range, Cooch Behar Division, Rajendra Jakhar said.
Forest department employees took custody of the animal and released it in the Chapramri jungle, Jakhar said.
This was the second leopard to have fallen into a trap in as many days.
Earlier, a leopard cub was trapped at the same tea garden by workers which was released by the forest department at the Chapramari jungle after a medical checkup.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- Martyrs' Day: Nation remembers Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev and Rajguru for their sacrifice
- London terrorist attack leaves five dead, including police officer
- Do not put unnecessary pressure on police: PM Modi tells UP BJP MPs
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Unable to meet educational expenses, Muslim girl writes to PM Narendra Modi – Know what happened next
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why