Lion dies at Bannerghatta Biological Park
Bangalore: A lion kept at the Rescue Centre of the Bannerghatta Biological Park died here today, according to a senior official.
The Lion, named Amar, was rescued from Komal Circus at Faridabad in Haryana on July 7, 2001, the official said.
The Lion was eight years old old when he was brought to the rescue centre. He was suffering from problems related to old age and died as it was not fully responding to the treatment, BBP Executive Director N Devaraj said in a statement.
The visceral samples have been collected and sent to the Institute of Animal Health and Veterinary Biologicals (IAH & VB) for clinical examination, Devaraj said.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Intolerance issue: When did ‘Incredible India’ become ‘Intolerant India’, Anupam Kher asks Aamir Khan
- Tirupati, Tirumala rains update: Temple remains open; pilgrims continue to pour in for darshan
- BJP's big poser to Aamir Khan: Is there any better neighbour for Muslims than a Hindu?
- Muslim leader Asaduddin Owaisi says Aamir Khan wrong in wanting to leave India