Lion dies at Bannerghatta Biological Park
Bangalore: A lion kept at the Rescue Centre of the Bannerghatta Biological Park died here today, according to a senior official.
The Lion, named Amar, was rescued from Komal Circus at Faridabad in Haryana on July 7, 2001, the official said.
The Lion was eight years old old when he was brought to the rescue centre. He was suffering from problems related to old age and died as it was not fully responding to the treatment, BBP Executive Director N Devaraj said in a statement.
The visceral samples have been collected and sent to the Institute of Animal Health and Veterinary Biologicals (IAH & VB) for clinical examination, Devaraj said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results; women bag top four positions
- Five guerrillas, one soldier killed near LoC
- 3rd Test, Day 2: Sri Lanka rattle Pakistan in decider
- Wimbledon: Novak Djokovic, Maria Sharapova cruise into last 16
- Indian Mujahideen chief Yasin Bhatkal indicates Islamic State will help him get out of jail soon