NGOs to discuss massive green clearances to projects
New Delhi: Over 100 NGOs from across India will come together on one platform with government and industry representatives this week to discuss the issue of large number of environment and forest clearances issued in the last few years.
Organised by the Centre for Science and Environment (CSE), the two-day event Feb 24-25 will see discussion on clearance processes, whether these processes are working, and what they aim to achieve.
According to the CSE, a viewpoint that has been currently voiced in some forums in the country is that environmental and forest clearances are hampering economic development by delaying projects.
The CSE carried out a detailed and comprehensive analysis of the clearances granted in the last five years - and the findings are nothing less than startling.
In the last five years, the country has seen more clearances than those planned for even during the 11th and 12th Five Year Plans.
"The dialogue is being planned in an effort to take these findings forward. We are hoping to bring together all the stakeholders in this debate - government, civil society and industry - on one platform to discuss clearance processes," said a CSE statement.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- Martyrs' Day: Nation remembers Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev and Rajguru for their sacrifice
- London terrorist attack leaves five dead, including police officer
- Do not put unnecessary pressure on police: PM Modi tells UP BJP MPs
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Unable to meet educational expenses, Muslim girl writes to PM Narendra Modi – Know what happened next
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why