Pollution panel submits report on bio-medical waste disposal
New Delhi: The Central Pollution Control Board Thursday submitted before the National Green Tribunal (NGT) a report concerning common facilities for treatment and disposal of bio-medical waste by hospital in Delhi and Haryana.
The report was filed before a bench headed by NGT Chairperson Justice Swatanter Kumar.
The matter will now come up for hearing on December 11.
The report followed the September 27 order of the Tribunal by which it had formed a committee and asked it to pay surprise visit for inspection of any of the private nursing homes, more particularly smaller nursing homes, and submit a report concerning collection, segregation and disposal of bio-medical waste.
The committee comprised member secretary of CPCB, member secretary of DPCC and senior scientists.
It inspected nine hospitals including AIIMS and Ram Manohar Lohia Hospital here to see compliance of rules regarding disposal of bio-medical waste.
The NGT is hearing a plea concerning the status of disposal of bio-medial waste by hospitals in Delhi and Haryana.
The Tribunal reserved its verdict on whether bio-medical waste disposal units require environment clearance prior to being set up.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dadri lynching: Is Kejriwal spreading poison between Hindus and Muslims?
- Lalu Prasad calls beef eating people uncultured
- Why did Indrani Mukerjea attempt suicide?
- Dadri lynching: Locals stop Arvind Kejriwal from entering Bisara village
- Muslims asked to sprinkle cow urine on body in order to be part of Garba festivities
- Sonia begins Bihar polls campaining; accuses PM Modi of 'narrow-mindedness'
- Salman Khan’s ‘Prem Ratan Dhan Payo’ trailer creates a record!
- Indrani Mukerjea's FSL report rules out drug overdose, says no chemicals found in stomach wash
- Lynching case in Dadri: Rahul meets victim Iqlakh's family, says touched by people's desire to maintain harmony
- Muslims banned from Garba in Gujarat's Mandvi; Hindus asked to sprinkle cow urine on themselves