Rhino killed in Kaziranga National Park
Kaziranga: A rhino carcass with its horns removed was found today in the world-famed Kaziranga National Park (KNP), taking the total rhinos killed this year to 26, forest officials said.
The carcass of an adult male rhino was found near Kanchanjuri camp in Bagori range of the park by forest guards during routine patrolling this morning.
The animal was suspected to have been killed earlier this week and several empty cartridges of AK-47 and .303 rifles were found near the carcass.
This is the 26th rhino killed during the year by poachers, sources added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Passenger plane dangerously oscillates before touching runway
- Home Ministry holds high-level meet over ISIS
- Indian Army finds cow bombs near border, Maoists hand suspected?
- Yakub Memon's execution: Supreme Court Deputy Registrar quits over judgement
- Delhi's graduate beggar – The amount he earns will shock you!