Rhino killed in Manas National Park
Guwahati: A rhino was killed and its horn removed in Manas National Park, a world heritage site, park sources said on Wednesday.
The carcass of a female rhino with its horns removed was recovered from Bhuyanpara range of the park after forest guards heard three rounds of firing by the poachers last evening.
The rhino was relocated in Manas from Pobitora Wildlife Sanctuary last year and had also given birth to a calf recently.
This is the sixth rhino killing in the park since it got back its World Heritage tag in 2011.
- NHRC issues notice to Rajasthan government over death of 11 children in home
- Delhi: 10-year-old boy dies due to overdose of Vitamin D
- Haryana: Groom injured in celebratory firing at wedding in Hissar
- Phase V of West Bengal Assembly polls starts today
- Discussion over Mamata Banerjee's close aide Firhad Hakim's 'mini Pakistan' comment
- UN council discusses move to enforce North Korea sanctions
- Norway helicopter crash: All 13 people on board dead, 11 bodies recovered
- Britain`s queen joins royal Invictus Games challenge to Obamas -Watch video
- Kerala Assembly Elections 2016: VS Achuthanandan’s one line speech stuns CPM workers
- Actor-politician Shatrughan Sinha says he would be happy to promote Bihar as its brand ambassador