Tendulkar bats for green energy
Gurgaon: Legendary batsman Sachin Tendulkar Friday advised his fans not to waste natural resources and double up efforts to save the environment.
Tendulkar was in the city to launch Toshiba`s environment conservation initiative `Bat for the Planet`.
"We should save our natural resources by taking small steps on our behalf because the change cannot happen overnight. As we keep ourselves healthy, we should keep our earth healthy. In the dressing room after a good performance on the field, we are asked to double up the good performance likewise we should double up our efforts to save environment," Tendulkar said.
The master blaster distributed prizes to the winners of a painting competition, which had a theme based on various environmental issues, for children from 40 different schools.
"The kids are very creative and aware of the energy problem. We will raise money for under privileged children by auctioning the painting," Tendulkar said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of problems of unemployement in India
- DNA: Analysis of how car makers are playing with people's life
- DNA: Analysis of increasing trade of terror, laudanum and fake currency in Malda
- DNA: Analysis of increasing trade of terror, laudanum and fake currency in Malda- Part II
- DNA: A plane landed at -100 degree celsius to rescue a worker
- Brexit: Remain or Leave? Results could go down to the wire
- US Presidential Elections: Donald Trump will not ask donors to repay nearly $50 million in campaign loans
- 78 dead, 500 hurt by storms in eastern China
- Brexit poll: In or out? British bookmakers see more bets placed on Britain staying in European Union
- Day after 30 cows found dead, police chalks out plan to prevent smuggling