Tendulkar bats for green energy
Gurgaon: Legendary batsman Sachin Tendulkar Friday advised his fans not to waste natural resources and double up efforts to save the environment.
Tendulkar was in the city to launch Toshiba`s environment conservation initiative `Bat for the Planet`.
"We should save our natural resources by taking small steps on our behalf because the change cannot happen overnight. As we keep ourselves healthy, we should keep our earth healthy. In the dressing room after a good performance on the field, we are asked to double up the good performance likewise we should double up our efforts to save environment," Tendulkar said.
The master blaster distributed prizes to the winners of a painting competition, which had a theme based on various environmental issues, for children from 40 different schools.
"The kids are very creative and aware of the energy problem. We will raise money for under privileged children by auctioning the painting," Tendulkar said.
- Indian Premier League 9: Gujarat Lions' Ravindra Jadeja reprimanded for showing dissent at umpire's decision
- Holiday video alert! Shahid Kapoor, Mira Rajput’s oceanic vacation
- NBSE 10th & 12th Results 2016: Nagaland.gov.in Board, NBSE HSLC & HSSLC Results 2016 to be declared on May 3
- MUST WATCH: Kargil martyr's daughter's message to India and Pakistan on Facebook - `Enough is enough`
- Hubble spots galaxy hidding in night sky – See pic!