Tigress found dead
Dehrudun: A tigress was found dead today at the Corbett National Park in Nainital district, an official said.
The carcass of nearly two-and-a-half-year-old tigress was found by forest guards in Dhela range of the Corbett Tiger Reserve at Ramnagar, Sub Divisional Officer G S Karki told PTI.
The carcass, which seemed to be about three-day old, was found near a waterbody, he said.
The cause of the death of the big cat was yet to be ascertained, Karki said adding the post mortem report was still awaited.
The marks of another tiger`s paws were found near the scene raising suspicion that it might have killed the tigress, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Grief stricken people shout slogans as Kalam's body carried out of hospital
- Kalam's advisor recalls his last moments with the great scientist
- To Sir with Love: School kids pay tribute to Dr Kalam
- DNA: Gurdaspur terror attack- As it happened
- India mourns APJ Abdul Kalam; PM to receive body at Palam airport
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- SC hearing on 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's curative plea
- India's 'original rocket man': Abdul Kalam's phenomenal contribution to Science
- Parliament pays tributes to Dr APJ Abdul Kalam, calls him 'real gem' of India
- Ready to see Shah Rukh-Salman together on-screen?