Tigress found dead
Dehrudun: A tigress was found dead today at the Corbett National Park in Nainital district, an official said.
The carcass of nearly two-and-a-half-year-old tigress was found by forest guards in Dhela range of the Corbett Tiger Reserve at Ramnagar, Sub Divisional Officer G S Karki told PTI.
The carcass, which seemed to be about three-day old, was found near a waterbody, he said.
The cause of the death of the big cat was yet to be ascertained, Karki said adding the post mortem report was still awaited.
The marks of another tiger`s paws were found near the scene raising suspicion that it might have killed the tigress, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi pitches for 'Selfie with daughter' initiative
- Kejriwal knew Tomar possessed fake degree, says Yogendra Yadav
- Ajinkya Rahane to captain India on Zimbabwe tour; Dhoni, Kohli rested
- Need another agricultural revolution: PM Modi
- Monsoon's after-effects troubling everyday lives in cities
- India vs Zimbabwe: Ajinkya Rahane to lead; MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli rested
- Tihar Jail's security breached: Lt Governor Najeeb Jung orders probe, Centre seeks report
- MEA declines information on Lalit Modi's passport issue, draws flak
- Varun-Shraddha's `ABCD2` holds a firm grip at Box Office!
- School director beaten to death after two students found dead in Bihar