Tigress found dead
Dehrudun: A tigress was found dead today at the Corbett National Park in Nainital district, an official said.
The carcass of nearly two-and-a-half-year-old tigress was found by forest guards in Dhela range of the Corbett Tiger Reserve at Ramnagar, Sub Divisional Officer G S Karki told PTI.
The carcass, which seemed to be about three-day old, was found near a waterbody, he said.
The cause of the death of the big cat was yet to be ascertained, Karki said adding the post mortem report was still awaited.
The marks of another tiger`s paws were found near the scene raising suspicion that it might have killed the tigress, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- Exclusive: This is what Kashmir's stone pelters have to say!
- India to activate laser walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- Former bureaucrat BK Bansal commits suicide along with his son at Delhi residence
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says
- Rameez Raja picks all-time XI - Three Indians, but just one Pakistani make it to the list
- This Hindu-dominated village in West Bengal is not allowed to organise Durga Puja as Muslims don't want it
- As Pakistan gloats over hosting 70 Russians, 250 Indian Army soldiers renew bonds in Vladivostok