Tigress found dead
Dehrudun: A tigress was found dead today at the Corbett National Park in Nainital district, an official said.
The carcass of nearly two-and-a-half-year-old tigress was found by forest guards in Dhela range of the Corbett Tiger Reserve at Ramnagar, Sub Divisional Officer G S Karki told PTI.
The carcass, which seemed to be about three-day old, was found near a waterbody, he said.
The cause of the death of the big cat was yet to be ascertained, Karki said adding the post mortem report was still awaited.
The marks of another tiger`s paws were found near the scene raising suspicion that it might have killed the tigress, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Till when will Kerala suffer violence in the name of politics?
- Till when will Kerala suffer violence in the name of politics? - Part II
- Till when will Kerala suffer violence in the name of politics? - Part III
- Till when will Kerala suffer violence in the name of politics? - Part IV
- Why is Mehbooba Mufti attacking Hindu beliefs for votes?
- Over 600 young leaders recruited by Rahul Gandhi but not given any responsibilities yet: Report
- Afghan Taliban sources confirm death of leader in US attack
- Why are Antarctica ice-levels increasing? NASA has the answer!
- Buyout group to back rival's bid for Tata's UK steel assets - Sources
- French Open 2016: Angry Nick Kyrgios, Petra Kvitova pass chilly Roland Garros tests