Two leopards found dead in and around the Gir forest area
Amreli (Gujarat): Two leopards were found dead today in and around the Gir forest and its surrounding areas.
Forest officials said their deaths were "not natural".
A five-year-old leopardess was found dead on the outskirts of Sarasiya village near Dhari town today, officials said, adding that she was injured and died due to injuries.
An inquiry has begun on how the leopardess got injured, they said.
In another incident, one leopard was killed after a fight with a lion in the Dhalkhania range of the Gir forest today, forest officials said.
Fighting between lions and leopards over territory is common and lions end up winning such fights most of the time, since they are stronger animals, they said.
The body of the third leopard which died of natural causes was found yesterday, at Vadli in Tulshishyam range of the Gir forest, officials said, adding that the animal died of old age.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Anil Kumble over calling Steve O'Keefe 'steady'
- IND vs AUS, 1st Test, Day 3: As it happened...
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- BMC poll results: Shiv Sena approaches Congress for pact, party says 'not interested'
- Indian man Srinivas Kuchibhotla shot dead in Kansas bar while watching basketball game - Know what happened