UP govt to introduce online Ganga pollution check
Uttar Pradesh government Tuesday said that an online monitoring system was being introduced to check pollution in Ganga river.
Lucknow: Uttar Pradesh government Tuesday said that an online monitoring system was being introduced to check pollution in Ganga river.
Replying to a question raised by Hriday Narain Dixit, BJP leader in Legislative Council during the Question Hour, the government said that an online monitoring system would be introduced as suggested by the Centre to check Ganga's pollution, providing day to day information.
"It is already in place at five places in the state," the government said.
The state is committed to ensure clean Ganga and the Chief Secretary has presented a proposal to check outflow of leather industry in a meeting of National Green Tribunal (NGT), it said.
It said that there was also a scheme to set up a Common Effluent Treatment Plant (CETP).
The Akhilesh Yadav led government said that during the meeting the Chief Secretary had proposed to strengthen CETP.
It said that Central Research Institute, Chennai has been assigned the task to prepare a detailed project report with an estimated cost of Rs 3 crore and the work was proposed to be completed within three months.
On a supplementary question raised by Dixit, the government said that there was no proposal to remove leather industries from the banks of Ganga in Kanpur and Unnao.
It said that 80 per cent of pollution in the river is due to the domestic waste and remaining 20 per cent because of industrial waste.