BJD `worker` arrested for attacking Congress activist
Cuttack: Police Thursday arrested a person allegedly belonging to BJD for attacking a Congress supporter in Bidanasi village under Bidanasi police station.
A case has been registered against the person identified as Ranjan Behera (50) for allegedly attacking Swetapriya Swain, who later filed a complaint against him, local police inspector Sanjay Kumar Patnaik said.
Congress candidate for Cuttack-Barabati Assembly seat Md Moqim accompanied Swain to the police station, after he was released from a local hospital after preliminary treatment, party sources said.
BJD candidate and sitting MLA of the city Debashis Samantray, however, denied any of his party worker`s involvement in the incident and alleged that it was the outcome of an internal bickering within Congress party.
It may be mentioned that Ranjan had unsuccessfully contested in the city civic body elections held in February as an Independent.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Security guard beats woman journalist publicly in Pakistan
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; 7 Pak Rangers killed, BSF jawan injured
- ISIS terrorists escape Mosul disguised in women's clothing
- DNA: Reporting on war against ISIS in Mosul
- DNA: Analysing the existing poor condition of Indian education system
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- MS Dhoni or Virat Kohli? Here's Virender Sehwag's best ever reply
- Hema Malini did not accept land for dance academy: Government to HC
- Seven Pak rangers, one militant killed in retaliatory firing by BSF on Jammu border