BJD `worker` arrested for attacking Congress activist
Cuttack: Police Thursday arrested a person allegedly belonging to BJD for attacking a Congress supporter in Bidanasi village under Bidanasi police station.
A case has been registered against the person identified as Ranjan Behera (50) for allegedly attacking Swetapriya Swain, who later filed a complaint against him, local police inspector Sanjay Kumar Patnaik said.
Congress candidate for Cuttack-Barabati Assembly seat Md Moqim accompanied Swain to the police station, after he was released from a local hospital after preliminary treatment, party sources said.
BJD candidate and sitting MLA of the city Debashis Samantray, however, denied any of his party worker`s involvement in the incident and alleged that it was the outcome of an internal bickering within Congress party.
It may be mentioned that Ranjan had unsuccessfully contested in the city civic body elections held in February as an Independent.
- Subramanian Swamy speaks about AgustaWestland chopper scam and Sonia Gandhi
- Subramanian Swamy speaks about AgustaWestland chopper scam and Sonia Gandhi- Part II
- ED summons former Air Chief Marshal S.P. Tyagi
- DNA: When will Muslim women get freedom from triple divorce?
- NHRC issues notice to Rajasthan government over death of 11 children in home
- Netaji files declassification: Morarji had declined to accept inquiry commissions report
- OMG! 25,000 women died due to dowry in last two years, says govt
- India's investments into UK more than doubled in 2015
- Motorola expected to launch Moto G (4th Gen) handset on May 17
- Ex-servicemen suspend OROP protest, threaten to intensify agitation if demands not met