BJD `worker` arrested for attacking Congress activist
Cuttack: Police Thursday arrested a person allegedly belonging to BJD for attacking a Congress supporter in Bidanasi village under Bidanasi police station.
A case has been registered against the person identified as Ranjan Behera (50) for allegedly attacking Swetapriya Swain, who later filed a complaint against him, local police inspector Sanjay Kumar Patnaik said.
Congress candidate for Cuttack-Barabati Assembly seat Md Moqim accompanied Swain to the police station, after he was released from a local hospital after preliminary treatment, party sources said.
BJD candidate and sitting MLA of the city Debashis Samantray, however, denied any of his party worker`s involvement in the incident and alleged that it was the outcome of an internal bickering within Congress party.
It may be mentioned that Ranjan had unsuccessfully contested in the city civic body elections held in February as an Independent.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Munich attack: 18-year-old German-Iranian gunman kills 9 at shopping mall
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley?
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley? Part II
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley? Part III
- DNA: Analyzing the real problems of patriotic Kashmir's residents