Concerned over some state governments "unilaterally" withdrawing cases related to electoral offences after the end of the poll process, the Election Commission has asked the states to take such cases to their logical end even if it takes time.
In an unprecedented move Narendra Modi sent an invitation to all heads of the government of SAARC countries to be a part of his swearing-in ceremony as the Prime Minister of India.
Stung by its rout in the General Election, where it won only four out of 440 Lok Sabha seats it contested, all of them from Punjab, the AAP is now back to thinking small and may not contest Assembly elections in Haryana scheduled for this October.
Several non-Congress and non-BJP Dalit leaders, who chose to contest this Lok Sabha election individually or from various factions of Republican Party of India in Vidarbha region, had to bite the dust with most of them faring very poorly in the hustings.
Congress candidate from North Goa seat in the just-concluded Lok Sabha elections, Ravi Naik, blamed outgoing Prime Minister Manmohan Singh for the party`s debacle, alleging he failed to project achievements of the UPA government before the people.
With the Left getting a severe drubbing in the Lok Sabha polls even in its strongholds in the country, the CPI has revived the debate over merger of the Communist parties, arguing that a reunion is essential to meet the challenges ahead.
Rajasthan has elected two ex-Army officers and two former bureaucrats as Members of Parliament in this Lok Sabha elections.
With the BJP registering a thumping victory in the general election, significant credit goes to the party`s online campaign to tap the general psyche by connecting with millions of youngsters.
Narendra Modi has thanked world leaders for their good wishes over BJP`s landslide victory in Lok Sabha elections and underscored India`s strong ties with countries like Japan, Russia and Nepal.
Suggesting that Muslims have contributed to Narendra Modi`s victory in the 2014 Lok Sabha elections, SP leader Azam Khan, who had indulged in a vitriolic attack on the BJP leader, said they had proved that they were a "secular" community.
BJP`s Delhi unit chief Harsh Vardhan, who is among the seven newly-elected BJP MPs from the capital, is likely to become the health minister, party sources indicated Sunday.
The BJP in West Bengal on Monday claimed that more than 200 of its workers had been injured in post-poll violence and asked the state government to maintain law and order, or else it would seek Governor`s intervention.
BJP on Monday criticised the resignation Nitish Kumar and accused him of foisting a `dummy` chief minister to run Bihar.
New Delhi: Presidents of Russia and France have congratulated Prime Minister-elect Narendra Modi on BJP`s landslide victory in the general election and hoped that bilateral ties will further improve and strengthen under his leadership.
TDP`s arch rival YSRCP chief YS Jaganmohan Reddy on Monay met Prime Minister-elect Narendra Modi and extended "issue based" support to BJP, saying his party was never averse to him.
Narendra Modi is all set to be elected leader of the BJP and NDA parliamentary coalition tomorrow as jockeying for positions in the new Cabinet gained momentum on Monday.
Chief Minister and AIADMK supremo J Jayalalithaa on Monday sacked three ministers and six district heads in the backdrop of her party`s defeat in three Lok Sabha seats in Tamil Nadu and Puducherry.
A host of BJP leaders, including Prime Minister-elect Narendra Modi`s close aide Amit Shah and Arun Jaitley on Monday met top RSS functionaries and held discussions even as the party turns to the formation of the next Union Cabinet.
Bihar BJP leaders and their ally Ram Vilas Paswan dismissed Chief Minister Nitish Kumar`s resignation as a "scripted drama" enacted to save his leadership in JD(U) amidst a growing clamour against him within the party.
Putting an end to the political crisis in Bihar, Nitish Kumar on Monday announced name of his close aide Jitan Ram Manjhi as the next chief minister of the state.
The way Amit Shah handled his latest responsibility — Narendra Modi-led BJP`s UP campaign — has shown that this electrifying BJP leader has it in him to take up larger roles.
With AAP`s lacklustre performance in the Lok Sabha election, the BJP has taken a lead in 27 assembly constituencies, which the party won in assembly election last year.
Three reporters were injured when DMK cadres assaulted media persons gathered outside party leader MK Stalin`s house Sunday to collect news about his resignation from party posts, journalists organisations said. DMK expressed regret over the incident.
A man in his late thirties tried to immolate himself outside Nitish Kumar`s official residence on Sunday.
After trading spiking barbs during the Lok Sabha polls, it is time for bonhomie for the ruling AIADMK and BJP now who on Sunday exchanged pleasantries in a sign of warming up to each other.
The number of parliamentarians with criminal cases has risen in the 16th Lok Sabha, with every third MP-elect facing criminal charges, an analysis of their election affidavits has shown.
Tamil Nadu BJP president Pon Radhakrishnan on Sunday faulted Election Commission for implementing prohibitory order 48 hours ahead of the April 24 Lok Sabha polls, saying it had created the opportunities for many parties to "commit political follies."
Buoyed by the resounding victory of the saffron alliance in the Lok Sabha polls, BJP`s state unit on Sunday said that it may swap some seats with the Shiv Sena in Maharashtra for the assembly polls due in October.
Amidst fast-paced political developments in Bihar following Nitish Kumar`s resignation as chief minister, a BJP delegation on Sunday met the state Governor and urged him to seek a parade of all MLAs in the event the JD(U) again staked claim to form government.
Notwithstanding Congress` poor show in the Lok Sabha polls in the state, the MPCC on Sunday rejected BJP`s demand for Chief Minister Prithviraj Chavan`s resignation.
- Exclusive interview with APJ Abdul Kalam’s aide Srijan Pal Singh
- Russian aircraft Mi-28 crashes during an aerobatics show
- MCA lifts ban on Shah Rukh Khan from visting Wankhede staduim
- Asaram Bapu shown as 'saint' in Rajasthan school book
- Landslide hits Manipur after heavy rain
- Poster war breaks out between BJP, AAP
- 15 reports from 15 cities
- Allahabad: Controversy over bar owner's appointment as Mahamandaleshwar
- Delhi HC issues notice to Kejriwal govt on advertisement expenses
- Child critically injured as crude bomb explodes in Kolkata
- Shravan - The month of Lord Shiva
- Poster war breaks out between BJP, AAP-Part 2
- Fast and Facts @ 4pm
- FTII students stage protest at Jantar Mantar in Delhi
- The mayhem of cyclone Komen
- Here's what Islamic State captors told Indian teachers
- Pakistan releases 163 Indian fishermen as goodwill gesture
- Drishyam earns Rs 17 cr in 2 days, Bajrangi clocks Rs 283 cr
- Washington Mayor calls Michelle Obama 'gorilla face', says 'she is attractive only to monkey man Barack'
- Two Indians freed from ISIS captivity in Libya to head home, fate of other two unknown
- Parliament deadlock: BJP says blame Sonia if Monsoon Session washed out, calls Congress 'confused'
- Porn banned in India? RGV criticises the move
- 'Baahubali' becomes first non-Hindi film to cross Rs 500 crore
- Pak releases 163 Indian fishermen
- Govt doesn't want you to even watch porn in private, blocks over 800 sites
- Don't lose the first Test of an away series: Sunil Gavaskar
- Parliament logjam: BJP, Congress spar bitterly ahead of all-party meet on Monday
- Gurdaspur attack terrorists wore 'Made in Pak' gloves: Report
- 'Bajrangi Bhaijaan' impact: Govt agrees to help deaf-and-dumb Indian girl stranded in Pakistan
- Zee Media Exclusive – Dr Abdul Kalam wanted to be remembered as a teacher, says his close aide