CPI releases names of six more candidates
New Delhi: CPI Tuesday released six more names of its candidates who would contest the Lok Sabha polls from Andhra Pradesh, Uttar Pradesh and Punjab, taking the total number of its nominees to 69.
While the party would contest Patiala, Gurdaspur, Sangrur and Amritsar in Punjab, it has also put up its candidates in Khammam (AP) and Lalganj-SC (UP), party General Secretary S Sudhakar Reddy said.
In Khammam, the candidate would be CPI`s Andhra Secretary K Narayana, while the nominee from Lalganj would Hari Prasad Sonkar.
The candidates in Punjab are Nirmal Singh Dhaliwal from Patiala, Varinder Singh from Gurdaspur, Sukhdev Sharma from Sangrur and Amarjit Singh Asal from Amritsar, Reddy said.
CPI had earlier announced 63 candidates from various states.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 11-year old Odisha boy to get football training at Bayern Munich in Germany
- China warns India against deploying BrahMos cruise missile in Arunachal Pradesh
- One killed in TV channel office attack in Karachi
- Gujarat: Journalist working for local daily found dead in his Junagadh office
- Watch: How floods throw normal life out of gear across country