CPI releases names of six more candidates
New Delhi: CPI Tuesday released six more names of its candidates who would contest the Lok Sabha polls from Andhra Pradesh, Uttar Pradesh and Punjab, taking the total number of its nominees to 69.
While the party would contest Patiala, Gurdaspur, Sangrur and Amritsar in Punjab, it has also put up its candidates in Khammam (AP) and Lalganj-SC (UP), party General Secretary S Sudhakar Reddy said.
In Khammam, the candidate would be CPI`s Andhra Secretary K Narayana, while the nominee from Lalganj would Hari Prasad Sonkar.
The candidates in Punjab are Nirmal Singh Dhaliwal from Patiala, Varinder Singh from Gurdaspur, Sukhdev Sharma from Sangrur and Amarjit Singh Asal from Amritsar, Reddy said.
CPI had earlier announced 63 candidates from various states.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi addressing rally in Imphal
- Will Shiv Sena join hands with Congress to stop BJP from entering BMC?
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- Delhi: Three-year-old twins die after falling into washing machine in Rohini
- China 'threatened' by ISRO's record-setting achievement?
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Anil Kumble over calling Steve O'Keefe 'steady'
- India vs Australia, 1st Test, Day 3: As it happened...