CPI releases names of six more candidates
New Delhi: CPI Tuesday released six more names of its candidates who would contest the Lok Sabha polls from Andhra Pradesh, Uttar Pradesh and Punjab, taking the total number of its nominees to 69.
While the party would contest Patiala, Gurdaspur, Sangrur and Amritsar in Punjab, it has also put up its candidates in Khammam (AP) and Lalganj-SC (UP), party General Secretary S Sudhakar Reddy said.
In Khammam, the candidate would be CPI`s Andhra Secretary K Narayana, while the nominee from Lalganj would Hari Prasad Sonkar.
The candidates in Punjab are Nirmal Singh Dhaliwal from Patiala, Varinder Singh from Gurdaspur, Sukhdev Sharma from Sangrur and Amarjit Singh Asal from Amritsar, Reddy said.
CPI had earlier announced 63 candidates from various states.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Heart-wrenching reality of Kashmiri pandits
- DNA: Bengaluru's Mount Carmel college students show country's ideology to Rahul Gandhi
- Proud to be an Indian, no plans to leave the country, says Aamir Khan
- Rahul Gandhi's embarrassment in front of Bengaluru college students
- DNA: Aamir Khan clarifies his love towards nation but sticks to previous statement
- Yuvraj Singh completes 8000 runs in first class cricket
- Eat smart to slow down ageing and increase longevity!
- Intolerance issue: Those attacking me are only proving my point, says Aamir Khan – Read full statement
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Delhi gang-rape: Show juvenile rapist's face to the world, demand Nirbhaya's parents