Exit polls a great time pass: Omar Abdullah
Srinagar: Jammu and Kashmir Chief Minister Omar Abdullah has dismissed the predictions made by various exit polls as a "great time pass".
"The only exit poll that matters is the one that is slated for Friday (the day Lok Sabha results will be out), the rest are all great time pass," he said on Twitter.
He was reacting to the exit polls aired on various TV channels yesterday, which indicated a victory for BJP-led NDA in the 2014 Lok Sabha elections.
Omar questioned the credibility of the opinion polls in view of the vast difference between two surveys in the number of Lok Sabha seats expected to be won by parties in a particular state.
Citing the example of Rajasthan, the Chief Minister wrote: "So one channel gives Cong only two (seats) in Rajasthan & another gives them 14. Did these channels cover the same election?"
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail: As it happened
- Yakub Memon's body handed over to family, tight security in Mumbai
- Yakub Memon: The two men who lead police to 'House of Memons'
- What Yakub Memon did in minutes before being hanged
- Meeting called by Speaker fails to end Parliament logjam; government indicates all-party meet