Farmers committing suicide under Congress govt: Shivraj Singh Chouhan
Riga (Sitamarhi, Bihar): Hitting the campaign trail in Bihar, Madhya Pradesh Chief Minister Shivraj Singh Chouhan on Saturday attacked the Congress alleging that under its rule several farmers have committed suicide and poverty has not been eradicated.
"Congress since the days of Indira Gandhi has been giving slogans of garibi hatao. This was repeated during the time of Rajiv Gandhi and now under Manmohan Singh... But has garibi ended?" Chouhan asked at an election rally here in Sitamarhi district.
On farmer suicide, he alleged "Maa-bete ki sarkar mein kisan atma hatya kar raha hain (farmers are committing suicide under the government of mother and son)."
In MP, he said, farmers were provided loan at zero per cent interest and were called to foodgrain procurement centres through SMS.
Criticising the Congress-led UPA he listed 2G, CWG, coalgate scams.
Taking a cue from Prime Minister Manmohan Singh`s former media advisor, Sanjay Baru`s book, he said "It`s a unique experiment of governance in the country where the real power rests with mother-son, but responsibility lies on Prime Minister and ministers."
Attacking RJD President Lalu Prasad and Bihar Chief Minister Nitish Kumar, he said "Everybody knows that Lalu Prasad destroyed Bihar and it`s really a wonder on what ground he is again seeking support from the people."
On Nitish Kumar, he alleged that ever since he dumped the BJP he was working for the destruction of Bihar.
Chouhan said Gujarat and MP had implemented Atal Bihari Vajpayee`s idea of linking rivers to benefit agriculture.
"When Digvijay Singh was the Chief Minister of MP the state used to get 3 hours of power, but now even villages have 24 hour electricity supply," he claimed.
The MP CM lauded Narendra Modi and said "today he has become the face of development."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Call up this number and get Reliance Jio's SIM for sure
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- If you have guts, send your suicide bombers to Pakistan: Samajwadi Party to MNS' Raj Thackeray
- Anna Hazare flaunts his swag on 'The Kapil Sharma Show', no kidding! - Pic inside