Karunanidhi flays Narendra Modi for attacking DMK
Chennai: DMK president M Karunanidhi on Monday denounced BJP`s prime ministerial candidate Narendra Modi for saying that the AIADMK and the DMK were taking Tamil Nadu`s people for granted.
Modi made the remarks at an election rally here. He added that the two Tamil parties were not bothered about people`s welfare.
Karunanidhi told reporters that Modi`s comments were enough to earn the "Tamil people`s displeasure".
Modi also told the rally that people should vote for the six-party alliance that includes the BJP in Tamil Nadu in the Lok Sabha election.
Queried about Modi`s meeting with actor Rajnikanth and the latter`s comments that the Gujarat chief minister was an able administrator, the DMK chief said: "No comments."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sachin Tendulkar joins Narendra Modi's #SelfieWithDaughter campaign
- Parliamentary panel recommends 100% salary hike for MPs, health benefits for grandchildren
- BJP MP Hema Malini injured, one child killed in Dausa road accident
- Madrasas that do not teach primary subjects to be considered 'non-schools', says Maharashtra govt
- Congress 'weak' to stop Modi; Rahul 'out of touch' with reality: Hansraj Bhardwaj