Karunanidhi flays Narendra Modi for attacking DMK
Chennai: DMK president M Karunanidhi on Monday denounced BJP`s prime ministerial candidate Narendra Modi for saying that the AIADMK and the DMK were taking Tamil Nadu`s people for granted.
Modi made the remarks at an election rally here. He added that the two Tamil parties were not bothered about people`s welfare.
Karunanidhi told reporters that Modi`s comments were enough to earn the "Tamil people`s displeasure".
Modi also told the rally that people should vote for the six-party alliance that includes the BJP in Tamil Nadu in the Lok Sabha election.
Queried about Modi`s meeting with actor Rajnikanth and the latter`s comments that the Gujarat chief minister was an able administrator, the DMK chief said: "No comments."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
More from Health
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- Is population control next on central govt's agenda after demonetization?
- India-Afghanistan thrash Pakistan over terrorism issue in Heart of Asia conference
- Gujarat: Goods train engine catches fire in Surat
- Watch: Tracing the journey of Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa from films to politics
- Live: Supporters pay last respects to Jayalalithaa at Rajaji Hall; cremation today evening
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- People want to know whether Jayalalithaa is alive or not; PM Narendra Modi must intervene, says expelled AIADMK MP Sasikala Pushpa
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition continues to remain critical after suffering cardiac arrest
- Jayalalithaa's health condition: Amma critical, nation's political fraternity expresses concern - Who said what