LS polls: 83 percent voting as time ends in Bengal
Kolkata: Around 83 percent voting was reported in the second phase of the Lok Sabha polls in West Bengal Thursday involving six constituencies as the scheduled time came to an at 6 p.m. while there were people outside the polling booths.
"Around 83 percent voters have exercised their franchise. However, the polling percentage will go up as people are still there in the queue before the booths," an Election Commission official said here.
Polling was held for Jangipur, Murshidabad, Malda North, Malda South, Balurghat and Raiganj seats.
West Bengal has 42 Lok Sabha constituencies, of which four voted April 17.
The next three phases of polling will be held April 30 (nine seats), May 7 (six seats) and May 12 (17 constituencies).
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Fresh plea in SC against triple talaq system
- Consumers will be compensated for unscheduled power cuts: Delhi CM Kejriwal
- Shocking! Man dies performing stunt in moving train in Mumbai
- China planning to stretch its Nepal rail link to Bihar: Report
- National child helpline number '1098' now launched in 25 languages!
- JeM planning Pathankot-II with support from Pakistan's ISI, IM, conducting recce of Indian cities: Military intel
- Arijit Singh writes open letter to Salman Khan apologising and requesting him to retain ‘Sultan’ song – Here’s why
- Akshay Kumar with 'Housefull3' gang set to sizzle in saddi Dilli—See selfie!
- Megresults.nic.in & mbose.in HSSLC Results 2016: Meghalaya Board Tura Class 12th Arts exam results 2016 to be announced shortly
- Mbose.in 10th SSLC Results 2016: Megresults.nic.in Meghalaya Board SSLC Class 10th exam results 2016 to be announced shortly