LS polls: Andaman witness 70 percent turnout
Port Blair: Turnout for the lone Lok Sabha seat in the union territory of Andaman and Nicobar Islands was recorded at 70 per cent on Thursday, the election office said.
The final percentage might rise, the sources said.
The poll battle was practically a straight contest between the Congress, which won the seat continuously until 2004 with the exception of 1999, and the BJP though there were national level parties like the NCP, BSP, CPI-M, SP and TMC in the contest.
Congress had fielded Kuldeep Rai Sharma while Bishnu Pada Ray, the sitting MP, was the BJP nominee.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shocking: New ISIS video shows English-speaking boy beheading man
- Modi should not think of sending forces to fight ISIS: AIMIM chief Owaisi
- Panel discussion over politicians using Dalits as vote banks
- Siachen: All 10 missing soldiers hit by avalanche confirmed dead
- DNA: Analysing problem of traffic jams choking Delhi roads
- `Jawaharlal Nehru awarded the man who stole Subhas Chandra Bose's INA treasure`
- Hashim Amla refuses to be interviewed by 'underdressed' Indian TV anchor: Report
- Scariest ever ghosts caught on camera, video goes viral - Watch
- ‘Ghayal Once Again’ tweet review
- Shocking ISIS video: English-speaking 10-year-old boy beheads hostage, warns America