LS polls: Andaman witness 70 percent turnout
Port Blair: Turnout for the lone Lok Sabha seat in the union territory of Andaman and Nicobar Islands was recorded at 70 per cent on Thursday, the election office said.
The final percentage might rise, the sources said.
The poll battle was practically a straight contest between the Congress, which won the seat continuously until 2004 with the exception of 1999, and the BJP though there were national level parties like the NCP, BSP, CPI-M, SP and TMC in the contest.
Congress had fielded Kuldeep Rai Sharma while Bishnu Pada Ray, the sitting MP, was the BJP nominee.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sachin Tendulkar joins Narendra Modi's #SelfieWithDaughter campaign
- BJP MP Hema Malini injured, one child killed in Dausa road accident
- Dausa car crash: Hema Malini injured, child killed; MP's driver booked for over speeding
- Islamic State trying to gain foothold in Pakistan-occupied Kashmir: Army
- Kapil Sharma shares pic with Salman Khan; ‘Comedy Nights...’ to go off air