LS polls: Ladakh records 63% polling
Leh: Around 63 per cent polling was recorded in Ladakh, the largest Lok Sabha constituency in India in terms of area, where voting went off peacefully on Wednesday.
Ladakh constituency, which is spread over two districts Leh and Kargil has a total of 1,59,631 electorate - 80,589 in Kargil and 79,042 in Leh.
As many as 62 per cent voting was registered in Leh district and 64 per cent in Kargil.
There were 274 polling booths in Leh and out of which 22 were hypersensitive, 61 were sensitive and 191 were normal polling stations, official sources said.
No untoward incident has been reported from any polling station, they said, adding that the accurate data of voting percentage would be available in another two days.
Four contestants who are in the fray are Thupstan Chhewang of BJP, Congress` Tsering Samphel and independent candidates Ghulam Raza and Syad Mohd Kazim.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- Train accident in Andhra Pradesh leaves many people dead
- UP Assembly Elections: Akhilesh Yadav releases party's manifesto
- DNA: Analyzing the harmful effects of selfies
- UP elections: Rajnath Singh's Son, Rita Bahuguna Joshi in BJP second list of candidates
- LIVE: Jallikattu Bill passed in Tamil Nadu Assembly; didn't use force on crowd, says Chennai Police Commissioner
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Karnataka: Baby with four legs, two male sex organs born in Raichur