Maoists regrouping in Jangalmahal
Bankura (WB): Maoists are regrouping in tribal Jangalmahal area of Bankura ahead of the Lok Sabha polls to disrupt elections, Bankura superintendent of police Mukesh Kumar said Thursday.
A large cache of arms, suspected to belong to the Maoists, were seized by the joint force from Valukchira forest of Sarenga in Jangalmahal on Tuesday night, he said.
The 66 CRPF Battalion during the search in the forest seized one carbine which was found buried in the ground, besides 900 cartridges, eight detonators, 25 gelatin sticks, five .315 rifles, 10 indigenous guns, one double barrel gun and one grenade, he said.
A wanted Maoist Gorkha Singh Sardar hailing from Belpahari in neighbouring West Midnapore district was arrested on March 30 from Barikul in Bankura district.
Sardar, alleged to have been involved in a number of subversive activities, was sent to police custody for five days.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- India to activate laser walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- Exclusive: This is what Kashmir's stone pelters have to say!
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- Rameez Raja picks all-time XI - Three Indians, but just one Pakistani make it to the list
- This Hindu-dominated village in West Bengal is not allowed to organise Durga Puja as Muslims don't want it