Maoists regrouping in Jangalmahal
Bankura (WB): Maoists are regrouping in tribal Jangalmahal area of Bankura ahead of the Lok Sabha polls to disrupt elections, Bankura superintendent of police Mukesh Kumar said Thursday.
A large cache of arms, suspected to belong to the Maoists, were seized by the joint force from Valukchira forest of Sarenga in Jangalmahal on Tuesday night, he said.
The 66 CRPF Battalion during the search in the forest seized one carbine which was found buried in the ground, besides 900 cartridges, eight detonators, 25 gelatin sticks, five .315 rifles, 10 indigenous guns, one double barrel gun and one grenade, he said.
A wanted Maoist Gorkha Singh Sardar hailing from Belpahari in neighbouring West Midnapore district was arrested on March 30 from Barikul in Bankura district.
Sardar, alleged to have been involved in a number of subversive activities, was sent to police custody for five days.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- NIA busts ISIS module in Hyderabad; 11 arrested
- Did history fail to serve justice to Dr Shyama Prasad Mukherjee?
- Did history fail to serve justice to Dr Shyama Prasad Mukherjee? - Part II
- Did history fail to serve justice to Dr Shyama Prasad Mukherjee? - Part III
- Did history fail to serve justice to Dr Shyama Prasad Mukherjee? - Part IV
- Afghan President calls for joint action against terrorism, condemns Istanbul attack
- West Bengal madrassa board wants vocational courses
- Rio Olympic 2016: IOA taking steps to nullify Zika virus threat on Indian contingent
- Rajasthan 8th Class Results 2016: Check rajeduboard.nic.in for BSER/RBSE 8th board result 2016
- Cong MLAs, Rashid stage walkout from J&K Assembly