Non-BJP, non-Cong third front only alternative: Buddhadeb
Naihati (WB): Calling upon people to vote for Left parties, former West Bengal Chief Minister Buddhadeb Bhattacharjee today said the third front comprising non-BJP, non-Congress political forces is the only alternative to lead the nation in the right direction.
"Congress knows well they are not returning to power. On the other hand, Narendra Modi is an RSS man and his misdeeds are yet to be judged. So defeat Congress and prevent BJP from coming to power," Bhattacharjee said campaigning for Suhashini Ali, CPI(M) candidate from Barrackpore Lok Sabha constituency.
"There is no difference between the economic policies of Congress and BJP. We don`t want to choose any one leader, we believe in a principle which will benefit everyone," he said.
Criticising the Mamata Banerjee government, the CPI(M) Politburo member said, "No political party will form an alliance with Trinamool Congress. It is Mamata Banerjee who paved way for BJP in Bengal and is yet to spell out her future plans on aligning with the party after the elections."
"The way Modi wants to lead the country is very dangerous," Bhattacharjee cautioned the people.
Reminding the electorate that the election this time would not be an easy one, the veteran Marxist leader said if all non-Congress and non-BJP political forces unite, they would comprise over 50 per cent vote share.
Accusing the TMC in the state of total anarchy, he said, "Attacks on women are increasing very fast in the state, while there is no law and order left with ruling party leaders asking their workers to hurl bombs on police personnel if their purpose is not served."
Strongly criticising Mamata Banerjee`s bid to shield her party leader Anubrata Mandal and even sharing dais with him during campaign, he said, "If I was the chief minister, Anubrata (rpt) Anubrata would have been sent to prison."
Taking a dig at Mamata Banerjee and her comments, he said, "She does not know what she has to do. With her inept handling of the state administration, people have turned worst sufferers. We hope people will rise again through their votes."
The CPI(M) leader said his party was in favour of universal Public Distribution System (PDS), medical facilities and employment for all, minimum wages for workers and pension for all senior citizens.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Another Pakistani terrorist Sajjad Ahmed caught alive in Jammu and Kashmir
- Shocking CCTV footage of a woman assaulting her mother-in-law
- DNA: Sad reality behind the shutting down of the historic Gita Press
- Mumbai police to probe if RK Singh's claims on Dawood Ibrahim substantiated
- Sonakshi Sinha apologises to Sarabjit, accused in Tilak Nagar case
- Shocking update in Sheena Bora case: Indrani Mukerjea was sexually molested by her father?
- Sheena Bora was introduced to me as aunt: Indrani Mukerjea-Sanjeev Khanna's daughter Vidhie
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder
- Shocking revelation! Indrani Mukherjea's daughter Sheena Bora was pregnant
- When Peter Mukherjea met and fell madly in love with Indrani