Repoll in Bihar concludes on a peaceful note
Patna: The repoll at five polling stations of Vaishali Lok Sabha constituency got over smoothly on Thursday with around 52 per cent voters exercising their franchise.
Vaishali had gone to polls during the last phase of general elections in Bihar on May 12.
Election officials said with the smooth repoll, the voting process during the Lok Sabha elections in Bihar got over successfully.
Counting of votes would start at 8 AM at 40 counting centres spread over 35 places in the state. Adequate security arrangements have been made at these locations with the police and paramilitary forces being deployed in a three-tier formation.
Altogether 61,573 Electronic Voting Machines (EVMs) would be unsealed on the occasion to decide the fate of contestants in 40 Lok Sabha seats here.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31
- Call up this number and get Reliance Jio's SIM for sure
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- If you have guts, send your suicide bombers to Pakistan: Samajwadi Party to MNS' Raj Thackeray