Will support anyone who gives our state a better deal: YS Sharmila
Zee Media Bureau/Ritesh K Srivastava
Hyderabad: On a day when balloting for 25 Lok Sabha seats and 175 assembly seats began in now divided state of Andhra Pradesh, YSR Congress party leader YS Sharmila on Wednesday said that her party is keeping all options open on forging a post-poll alliance with any party.
Talking to reporters, Sharmila, who is the daughter of former chief minister YS Rajasekhara Reddy, said, “Options for post poll alliance are open, we will support whoever gives our state a better deal.”
Sharmila, who has campaigned extensively for her party, especially when her brother YS Jagan Mohan Reddy was in jail, also dismissed talks about a “Modi wave” sweeping the country. .
In her brief response, Sharmila said, “I personally don`t think there is a Modi wave in the country.”
Her brother and chief ministerial aspirant YS Jagan Mohan Reddy is fighting his first ever assembly election from the family stronghold Pulivendula.
Former union minister D Purandeswari, daughter of NT Rama Rao, is fighting from Rajampet Lok Sabha seat as a Bharatiya Janata Party candidate.
In the assembly polls for Seemandhra region, chief ministerial hopeful and Telugu Desam Party state president N Chandrababu Naidu is contesting from Kuppam assembly constituency.
The state will be formally divided June 2, and is currently under President`s Rule.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Rahul Gandhi's and Congress' Twitter accounts hacked: Who's behind it?
- Rahul Gandhi's Twitter handle hacked again
- Hizbul commander Musa issues threats of attacks in new video
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 4.7 crore cash in Rs 2000 notes! Biggest seizure in new currency post demonetisation - What I-T recovered from Bengaluru, Chennai and Erode
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Scam? 'Aam Aadmi Party using Delhi Transport Corporation to exchange Rs 500, Rs 1,000 notes'