Will support anyone who gives our state a better deal: YS Sharmila
Zee Media Bureau/Ritesh K Srivastava
Hyderabad: On a day when balloting for 25 Lok Sabha seats and 175 assembly seats began in now divided state of Andhra Pradesh, YSR Congress party leader YS Sharmila on Wednesday said that her party is keeping all options open on forging a post-poll alliance with any party.
Talking to reporters, Sharmila, who is the daughter of former chief minister YS Rajasekhara Reddy, said, “Options for post poll alliance are open, we will support whoever gives our state a better deal.”
Sharmila, who has campaigned extensively for her party, especially when her brother YS Jagan Mohan Reddy was in jail, also dismissed talks about a “Modi wave” sweeping the country. .
In her brief response, Sharmila said, “I personally don`t think there is a Modi wave in the country.”
Her brother and chief ministerial aspirant YS Jagan Mohan Reddy is fighting his first ever assembly election from the family stronghold Pulivendula.
Former union minister D Purandeswari, daughter of NT Rama Rao, is fighting from Rajampet Lok Sabha seat as a Bharatiya Janata Party candidate.
In the assembly polls for Seemandhra region, chief ministerial hopeful and Telugu Desam Party state president N Chandrababu Naidu is contesting from Kuppam assembly constituency.
The state will be formally divided June 2, and is currently under President`s Rule.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Clash between two football players leaves one dead
- Is the bread you are buying increasing your risk of cancer?
- Is the bread you are buying increasing your risk of cancer? - Part II
- DNA: Analysis of India's first-ever indigenous space shuttle RLV-TD
- DNA: Analysis of Chabahar pact signed between India, Iran and Afghanistan
- Vijay Mallya PMLA case: ED to invoke India-UK MLAT for extradition
- IPL 2016, Qualifier 1: RCB vs GL - Squads, date, time, venue, TV listing, live streaming
- BJP govt cannot turn a blind eye to illegal immigration in Assam: RSS
- CBSE announces results of Central Teacher Eligibility Test
- PM Modi gifts Iran's Supreme leader Ayatollah Khamenei reproduction of rare Quran manuscript