Will support anyone who gives our state a better deal: YS Sharmila
Zee Media Bureau/Ritesh K Srivastava
Hyderabad: On a day when balloting for 25 Lok Sabha seats and 175 assembly seats began in now divided state of Andhra Pradesh, YSR Congress party leader YS Sharmila on Wednesday said that her party is keeping all options open on forging a post-poll alliance with any party.
Talking to reporters, Sharmila, who is the daughter of former chief minister YS Rajasekhara Reddy, said, “Options for post poll alliance are open, we will support whoever gives our state a better deal.”
Sharmila, who has campaigned extensively for her party, especially when her brother YS Jagan Mohan Reddy was in jail, also dismissed talks about a “Modi wave” sweeping the country. .
In her brief response, Sharmila said, “I personally don`t think there is a Modi wave in the country.”
Her brother and chief ministerial aspirant YS Jagan Mohan Reddy is fighting his first ever assembly election from the family stronghold Pulivendula.
Former union minister D Purandeswari, daughter of NT Rama Rao, is fighting from Rajampet Lok Sabha seat as a Bharatiya Janata Party candidate.
In the assembly polls for Seemandhra region, chief ministerial hopeful and Telugu Desam Party state president N Chandrababu Naidu is contesting from Kuppam assembly constituency.
The state will be formally divided June 2, and is currently under President`s Rule.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi visits Lord Jagannath temple at Puri
- Boyfriend murders DU student Arzu Singh; hides body in his house for three days
- International Fleet Review: India shows off naval prowess in "Operation Demo"
- Can comments on social media against politicians land you in jail?
- Declared unfit for employment, man invents cost-effective electric car called Pixie!
- PM Narendra Modi never disappoints his supporters, here's another example - see pic
- WATCH: When PM Modi took his supporters by surprise, came to meet them standing on car's side foot step
- Year of the Monkey: Know how lucky you are according to Chinese calendar!
- India vs Sri Lanka 2016, 1st T20I: Squads, date, time, TV listing, live streaming
- After prayers at Jagannath Temple, PM Narendra Modi inaugurates IOCL project at Paradip refinery